Classic 350S vs Classic 350 which one to buy? If you are also caught in this confusion, this quick story highlights the differences between them…
Royal Enfield’s largest selling motorcycle is the Classic 350. It, single-handedly, outsells all the other Royal Enfield motorcycles combined! It is also the highest selling motorcycle in the price range of 1-2 Lakh in India. But of late its sales have witnessed a steady decline.
Part of the sales fall can be attributed to the consistent price increase motorcycles have been subjected to, in the last few months because of various government rulings. Taking stock of the situation, Royal Enfield has introduced a cheaper variant in Classic’s lineup – Classic 350S (launch article). Here is the list of differences between them…
RE Classic 350S vs Classic 350 : Differences
- ABS – This is the biggest change to the motorcycle. In place of the dual-channel ABS of the regular Classic 350, the 350S is equipped with a single-channel unit. In fact, it may have derived its ‘S’ suffix because of the same reason.
- Braking – RE has also taken away the 240 mm rear disc of the standard Classic 350. It has been replaced with cheaper drum brakes on the 350S.
- Styling – Classic 350S has been given a black-treatment which means it comes with a black coloured engine, black rims, non-chrome rear view mirrors as well as side blinkers. 350S also comes with a basic 2D tank logo.
- Tank Pad – The tank grip of the Classic 350 has also been ditched.
- New Colours – The Classic 350S is being offered in two new colours of Pure Black and Mercury Silver.
- Price – The standard Classic 350 is priced at Rs 1.54 Lakh, whereas this new cost-cut version – the Classic 350S will retail for Rs 1.45 Lakhs which means you can save Rs 9000 on the ex-showroom price.
Is This 2020 Continental GT 650 BS VI Under Tests?
Both the motorcycles continue with the same 346 cc, single cylinder, air-cooled, twin-spark engine which produces 19.8 bhp at 5250 rpm and 28 Nm at 4000 rpm – mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
Surprise: Himalayan Best Selling 2 Lakh Motorcycle [Other RE’s Excluded]
With the 350S, RE would be expecting to rope in customers who may be dropping because of the consistent price hike to the Classic 350. It has adopted a similar strategy with the Bullet range by launching Bullet 350S.