Next-Gen KTM 390 Duke appears to be production ready & undergoing last testing… Will be a new model with new design & Engine…
It was a pleasant surprise a few days ago when we got the first glimpse of the next-gen KTM 390 Duke being tested on our roads. It gives us hope that the new 390 Duke could make its appearance in the 2022 edition of the EICMA event that will happen later in the year.
Now, once again the 2023 KTM 390 Duke has now been spotted testing but this time, overseas. The new test-bike sighting sheds light on some new design and mechanical details of the upcoming model.
2023 KTM 390 Duke New Details
- First off, the headlight cowl appears to have a sharper design and seems to have a slant as well, reminiscent of the 1290 Super Duke.
- The Outer rim of the headlight unit appears to be painted with contrasting White colour.
- The tank shrouds seem to be longer and extend beyond the front forks all the way to front fork deflectors, when viewed from the side.
- The rear sub-frame appears to be a completely new unit.
- The design looks new and seems to be inspired from the bigger 790 Duke & 890 Duke.
- The similarity with the recently launched 2022 RC 390 can be seen in the the wheels, brake discs, WP suspension.
- The most unique piece on the test-bike is the new swingarm that is specially designed for the new-gen Dukes and also appears on the recently spotted 125 Duke test-bike.
- The engine casing and the frame surrounding it appears to be tweaked a little.
- It is rumoured that KTM has worked on the engine and will be providing more performance with improved efficiency.
- Finally, the exhaust seems to be a true under-belly design with exit ending just before the rear wheel.
Coming to the pricing, we expect there will be a significant bump in the asking price of the next-gen KTM 390 Duke. Just like its sibling, expect a price hike of Rs. 30,000 – Rs. 40,000/-. This means it could be priced around Rs. 3.20 Lakh – Rs. 3.25 Lakh (ex-showroom) when it arrives here – probably sometime next year.