This race-Spec Apache 310 top speed is highest for any Indian bike at the Sepang Race Track. 3 Indian riders are also competing this year…
The Race-Spec version of Apache RR 310 which TVS calls – TVS Racing’s Asia OMC RR 310 – has achieved a staggering 201.2 km/h top-speed at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. This makes the Race-spec RR 310 the fastest Indian motorcycle at the Sepang track.
Race-Spec TVS Asia OMC RR 310 Bike
This highly modified, track-focused RR 310 sportbike is being ridden by 16 riders who are competing for the Asia One Make Championship being held over 4 rounds this year. TVS is hosting this year’s Asia One Make Championship and this makes them the first Indian manufacturer to do so.
Commenting on the achievement, Mr Vimal Sumbly (Head – Premium Business, TVS Motor Company) said –
“We are constantly exciting this segment by democratizing racing through initiatives like the TVS One-Make Championship and Apache Racing Experience. These initiatives give enthusiastic riders a platform to hone their skills and prove their mettle. It is also a means for us to push the technological and engineering limits of the TVS Apache series through our “Track to Road” philosophy, thus increasing the performance and fun quotient. The results of these initiatives are visible as TVS Apache has become the fastest growing brand in its segment.”
TVS Racing explains that the Asia OMC RR 310 race bike has been engineered from scratch and has received ‘ substantial technology upgrade for an uncompromised race-track performance’.
Race-Spec Apache 310 – Features
Following are the modifications & improvements TVS Racing R&D has brought to the Asia OMC RR 310 –
- 312cc, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid-cooled engine.
- 38% higher power output (about 48 HP) than the road-legal TVS Apache RR 310.
- Forged pistons, Titanium valves and HLHD Cams.
- RAM Air Intake system that boosts the top speed.
- Lightweight carbon fibre parts, including all bodywork, wheels and subframe.
- Ohlins adjustable and custom-built suspension.
- Dunlop soft compound radial racing tyres.
Highlights from 1st Round of TVS Asia One Make Championship at Malaysia
- 16 riders from 8 countries, including three Indian riders – KY Ahamed, Deepak Ravikumar & Jagan Kumar (10-time INMRC winner) battled it out on Sepang International Circuit.
- Race-1 witnessed Vorapong Malahuan riding to glory, followed by Decky Tiamo Aldy, who recorded the fastest lap time of 2:28:477.
- Race-2 saw Muhammad Fitri Ashraf set a blistering lap time of 2:27:433 and made an impressive climb to the top from the 5th spot in Race-1.
- It was a mixed weekend for the Indian riders as KY Ahamed and Jagan Kumar finished in the top 10 in both races.
- Deepak Ravikumar met with a crash during Race-2 and hopes to make a strong comeback in the next round.
Finally, the 2nd round of the TVS Asia One Make Championship is scheduled from August 12-14, 2022, at Sugo International Circuit in Japan.
This will be followed by the final two rounds, for which venues are to be confirmed by October and November, respectively.