2022 890 Duke comes in new factory colors for this new year. It resembles the theme on offer on the company’s smaller motorcycles…
Let us tell you about a bike offered by the Austrian brand of KTM that is considered to be one of the best contenders in the middleweight-naked segment in the international market. The company has nicknamed it ‘The Super Scalpel’ and we know it as the KTM 890 Duke R.
The second most powerful naked offering from KTM (top being the 1290 Super Duke R, obviously), the Duke 890 R has been updated for 2022 with a new paint scheme inspired from the KTM factory colours which they use in the MotoGP championship.
2022 KTM 890 Duke R Highlights –
- The 890 Duke R is powered by an 889 cc, parallel-twin, 4-stroke engine.
- The power unit produces a gigantic 121 HP and 79 Nm of torque and boasts a dry-weight of 166 kg.
- The power is transferred through a 6-speed transmission equipped with mechanically operated PASC anti-hopping clutch system.
- The highlight of the chassis is that the 890 Duke R is utilising a Chromium-Molybdenum-Steel frame where the engine is part of the frame and acts as a stress element in the chassis.
- The suspension setup consists of 43 mm fully adjustable WP Apex USD suspension with 140 mm travel at the front and fully-adjustable WP Apex monoshock setup with 150 mm travel at the rear.
- The ground clearance of 890 Duke R is measured at 206 mm.
- The braking is taken care of by two 320 mm Brembo Stylema Monobloc four piston, radially mounted caliper disc setup at the front and 240 mm Brembo single-piston floating calliper disc setup at the rear.
- The 890 Duke R gets 3 standard and 1 optional riding mode – Rain, Street, Sport and Track (optional).
- The feature-list consists of Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC), Supermoto ABS, Quickshifter+, a TFT display with auto-brightness adjustment, LED headlights and a lot more.
The 2022 KTM 890 Duke R will be available on the dealership floors in the international market from this month itself.
KTM is celebrating February 2022 as ‘Midweight Naked February’ and the unveiling of the 2022 version of 890 Duke R is one of their celebratory events.
The second celebratory event will take place on 22nd of February, where KTM is preparing to unveil the ‘KTM 890 Duke GP’ which they explain will be their GP-inspired 890 Duke R.