The 2022 KTM 790 Duke starts at € 8,999 and will come to European market first… No info about India launch yet…
It was at the 2016 EICMA event that KTM unveiled their ‘Scalpel’ concept which took the shape of KTM 790 Duke the next year and became one of the sharpest and most agile middleweight bikes in the market.
From 2017 till 2021, the 790 Duke sat comfortably between the 390 Duke and the big brother 890 Duke. But in 2021, KTM replaced the 790 Duke with the 890 Duke in the international market, suggesting that they might be discontinuing the Scalpel from the line-up.
However, that is not the case after all. For 2022, KTM have updated the 790 Duke and is going to bring the Scalpel back in June in the European market.
KTM 790 Duke Highlights and Features
- For 2022, the 790 Duke is offered in two colours – Orange with Black accents and Grey with Black accents.
- Powering the Scalpel is KTM’s 799 cc, LC8c parallel-twin, 4-stroke unit.
- The engine is tuned to have two power outputs – 95 HP version for A2 license countries and 105 HP for the rest of the markets.
- The Torque produced is 87 Nm and is transmitted through a 6-speed Transmission aided by PASC anti-hopping clutch system.
- 790 Duke gets three riding modes and one optional mode – Sport, Street, Rain and Track (optional).
- The 790 Duke chassis is made up of a Steel Trellis frame which uses the engine as a stressed member.
- The Suspension system consists of premium 43 mm WP Apex USD shocks with 140 mm travel in the front coupled with WP Apex monoshock with 150 mm travel at the rear.
- The Braking is handled by the 300 mm dual-disc setup at the front and 240 mm single disc setup at the rear aided by Bosch 9.1 MP ABS including cornering ABS and Supermoto mode.
- Dry weight – 169 kg
- Ground clearance – 186 mm
- Fuel capacity – 14 L
- The features and options consists of full-colour 5” TFT display, all-LED lighting setup, Quickshifter+, Motor Slip Regulator (MSR), Track mode, cruise control, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and KTM My Ride smartphone connectivity.
Price and Availability
The updated 790 Duke is offered at a starting price of € 8,999 in Europe which equates to Rs. 7,55,133/- in our currency.
The 2022 version of 790 Duke will reach the European showrooms floors in June 2022.
The previous 790 Duke was the only bigger KTM which was offered in our country. It is yet to be seen if the newly launched Duke will make it to our shores or not.