Dare 125 launch will be followed by two more scooters…
After others, Hero is set to venture into the 125 cc scooter segment which currently has products from Suzuki, Mahindra, Honda and Vespa, according to a report at ET Auto. They say that there are two other scooters also being prepared details of which have not been revealed.
Now if we recall, Hero showcased a 125cc scooter called as DARE at the 2014 Auto Expo. Targeted at men, Dare was an aggressive looking bold scoot. It had a long, wide saddle and was equipped with a forced air-cooled 4 stroke 124.6 cc engine which back then, produced 9.5 PS of peak power and 9.8 Nm of maximum torque, on paper.
Hero Dare Features:
- dual-tone alloy wheels
- LED daytime runners
- LED taillight
- full digital console
- body-colour painted brake caliper on the front disc
- handy 12V charging socket
- pass switch
- boot light
- side stand light
Dare also had the next service due indicator. The tires were tubeless and it weighed 114 kg with a 6-liter petrol tank (Usable reserve 1.8 liters).
Dare 125 Launch
According to the report, Hero will launch its 125 cc scooter, expected to be the same Dare, probably under a different market name, in the fourth quarter of this fiscal which means we are looking at a time period of January to March 2018. This will make it exactly four years since its first showcase – late, very late!
Another scooter still unlaunched is the 150cc very interesting ZIR, which was also unveiled along with Dare.
Hero DARE Specifications:
- Engine: 124.cc Forced Air Cooled 4 stroke OHC
- Max Power: 9.5PS at 7500rpm
- Max torque: 9.8Nm at 6500 rpm
- Length x Width x Height: 1820mm x 975mm x 1180mm
- Ground Clearance: 155mm
- Kerb Weight: 114kgs (self)
- Battery: 12V 5Ah
- Fuel Capacity: 6 liters
- Tyres: 90/90 – 12 front, 100/90 10 rear
- Suspension: Telescopic hydraulic shock absorber dia 30 stroke 70mm front, Single hydraulic shock absorber
- Brakes: 200mm disc brake with 2 piston callipers front, 130mm drum brakes rear