Not only did HERO venture into the 125cc segment, they also announced their arrival in the 150cc scooter segment! The ‘ZIR’ from Hero MotoCorp is a 150cc scooter unveiled at the Expo together with the 110cc ‘Dash’ and the 125cc ‘Dare’. And what we see here looks really interesting.
The styling and the power of the Zir should make it a comfortable long-distance ride (relatively). The step seat and the windshield on the Zir are akin to two-wheeled highway cruisers and would be appreciated by people who commute a goodish distance to and fro work. The Zir is heavy and weighs in at 139 kg and boasts of a 110 kmph top speed.
There are two variants of the scooter, one is a step-through model and the other one has a flat foot-rest floor. Both of them were on display at the Auto Expo and are pictured here.
Zir is equipped with a 157.1 cc liquid-cooled single cylinder 4 stroke engine. This motor develops around 14.3PS of peak power and 12.7 Nm of max torque and is kept cool by what Hero calls a ‘Forced Dynamic Cooling Air System’ that maintains an apt temperature of the liquid coolant during longish fast rides.
Here are the main features of ZIR:
- Two projector headlights
- daytime running lights
- disc brakes
- LED turn indicators and tail lamps
- Console is a combination of digital and analog
- 12V charging point.
The EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) of Zir can, with the help of an app called the ‘Ride-Stat,’ communicate with your smartphone for engine and riding parameters.
Braking is hydraulic discs on both wheels with tubeless tires. The fuel tank can take up 9 liters with 2.5 liters of usable reserve. Now this is what we call a masterstroke and a real power scooter from Hero. Bring it on, mate!
Hero ZIR Specifications
- Engine: 157.1cc Liquid Cooled 4 stroke OHC
- Max Power: 14.3PS at 8500rpm
- Max torque: 12.7Nm at 7000 rpm
- Length x Width x Height: 2085mm x 745mm x 1385mm
- Ground Clearance: 155mm
- Kerb Weight: 139kgs
- Battery: 12V 6Ah
- Fuel Capacity: 9 liters
- Tyres: 110/90 – 13 front, 130/90 13 rear
- Suspension: Telescopic hydraulic shock absorber dia 35mm front, Adjustable dual shock shock absorbers
- Brakes: 225mm disc brake with 2 piston callipers front, 220mm drum brakes rear
Hero ZIR Pic Gallery