2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R is carrying tech & mechanicals lifted straight from MotoGP & WSBK championships and is fully street legal machine…
It appears that Ducati are just flexing & showing off now –
They first launched the most potent Panigale V4 to date – in the form of Panigale V4 SP2 – with a lot of tech & mechanicals lifted from their MotoGP prototype monster, then they unleash their most aggressive Monster SP equipped with top-spec Ohlins suspension & Brembo braking hardware and, recently, revealed their most capable Multistrada V4 Rally with longer suspension and a bigger fuel capacity.
In their global lineup, the Bologna manufacturer has left not a single bike which doesn’t have a track-ready avatar. They even launched the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak which can conquer any track and any mountain pass alike – rounding up all the models. And there are still some more models left to be unveiled by them by the end of this year.
And if that was enough – meet the 2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R – the most powerful and track-ready Panigale till now – in 2 variants.
2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R – Variants, Colour & Price
Ducati have unveiled their most powerful Panigale V4 R model in 2 variants – Standard Configuration & Racing Configuration.
Both the configurations don the same R Livery which is inspired from their World Superbike (WSBK) race bike currently racing.
In the U.K., the Panigale V4 R has been priced starting at £38,995 which equates to Rs. 35,90,407/- (ex-showroom). This pricing is for the base Standard Configuration and will increase when the performance accessories will be added to convert it into Racing Configuration.
2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R – Highlights & Features
- Ducati have described their new Panigale V4 R as ‘The closest production model to a competition bike ever’.
- They explain that the V4 R is loaded with tech solutions lifted directly from their MotoGP & WSBK contenders.
- The First set of said solutions is the use of gun-drilled titanium connecting rods & Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) surface-treated pistons which reduces the friction within the engine while also reducing the overall weight and improving the performance of the engine.
- The second set of solutions are the other internals of the Desmo Stradale R engine consisting of aggressively-profiled intake cams, altered gear ratios very similar to their WSBK Panigale race bike, and a new dry clutch also derived from WSBK.
- Moving to the electronics side, the new Panigale V4 R gets a new Power Mode expansion, tweaked Ducati Traction Control & Ride-By-Wire, improved Engine Brake Control EVO, and Ducati Quick Shifter systems.
- Ducati is also offering additional optional software if the rider wants more performance on the track with slick and rain tyres.
- Ducati have also improved the suspension setup – equipping the R with fully-adjustable Öhlins NPX25/30 USD forks up front, (with travel increased by 5 mm) combined with an Öhlins TTX36 monoshock and a single-sided swingarm with adjustable pivot height at the rear.
- The final set of advancements added to the new R consists of a Brushed Aluminium tank carrying a larger 17 L fuel capacity, a flatter seat, compact front winglets with similar downforce performance, and improved fairing to increase cooling etc.
- Not happy with the standard things?? – just add the new Akrapovic full titanium exhaust to take the output to 237 HP from 207 HP.
- Still want more?? Add the special new motor oil Ducati Corse & Shell have jointly developed and the bike can scream out 240.5 HP claimed at 16,500 RPM.
- These are the WSBK numbers we are talking about here, on a road legal bike with lights and a number plate.
- And to make this bike exclusive, the lucky owner will get an individual number inscribed on the triple clamp of their Panigale V4 R.
- These monstrous Panigale V4 R will start reaching dealerships in U.S & U.K. markets from March 2023 onwards.