2023 Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally appears to be the most capable model to date with 29 L fuel capacity and long travel suspension…
Ducati have added a new model to their long lineup of Multistrada V4 touring machine. Currently, Ducati Multistrada V4 is being offered in the following trims – Standard, S, Pikes Peak and a smaller V2 version.
In their latest episode of Ducati World Premiere, the Italian premium manufacturer have unveiled their most capable Adventure-tourer model yet. Ducati have globally unveiled the 2023 Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally.
2023 Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally – Colours, Highlights & Features
The new Multistrada V4 Rally is a very unique model spawned from the most versatile platform Ducati has ever produced – the Multistrada.
Though they have recently launched their first ever hardcore adventure model in the form of Ducati DesertX – which the company have boasted to be designed & developed from the ground up to be an off-roader first, a tourer later. The new Multistrada V4 Rally is a model with a reverse philosophy.
The Multistrada V4 Rally is a Tourer model first, similar to the standard model, but with very practical and useful modifications done to make it more capable when the tarmac ends and the rough terrain begins.
It is a tall task when it comes to completely explain every new machine Ducati is releasing lately. They are one of the most technologically and mechanically advanced manufacturers who fill their models to the brim with mind-boggling tech & mechanical features.
Listed below are some of the new additions to the Multistrada V4 Rally that makes is the most complete ‘Multi’ yet –
- The V4 Rally still utilises the 1158 cc, Granturismo V4 engine putting out 170 HP.
- Ducati have updated the powerhouse with a new & updated cylinder deactivation system which further improves the fuel efficiency of the motor by switching off 2 cylinders completely, during periods of low load.
- The new Multistrada V4 Rally have gained 7.9 inches (200 mm) of suspension travel to its infamous SkyHook suspension system which has further increased the ground clearance of the bike to make it more suitable for the wilderness.
- Other features added are spoked rims and reinforced underbelly protection to make the ride off-road more capable and trouble-free.
- The most significant improvement Ducati have brought to the rally model is the increased fuel capacity. The new ADV now holds 29 L of fuel, similar to what DesertX is able to carry with its auxiliary tank.
- Borrowing the tech from the H-D Pan America, Ducati have added Minimum Preload tech which lowers the suspension of the bike to better facilitate shorter stature riders.
- Not forgetting the pillion, the new Multistrada V4 Rally have a lengthened tail-section to offer more space and comfort for the passenger during long highway hauls.
Finally, the new Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally is being offered in two colours – Ducati Red and Brushed Aluminum with Matte Black, which is exclusive to the Rally model.
The motorcycle will make its way to international dealerships very soon. Yet, it is only likely to be launched in India sometime in the second half of 2023.