2023 Himalayan 450 launch expected early next year. It will pack a punchy engine along with a lot of very interesting bits. New info has just sneaked in…
Out of all the upcoming Royal Enfield models which will make their way into our country’s market, probably the most interesting and exciting is the prospect of the rumoured Himalayan 450.
Few weeks back, what started as a rumour, was almost confirmed when a new Himalayan 450 ADV and a test-bike very similar to the leaked render was spotted on the road.
Now, some interesting info has come up regarding the upcoming Himalayan ADV.
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 new details
- The engine powering the evolved Himalayan is an all-new unit.
- Till now the information stated that the Himalayan 450 will have 40 HP of power.
- New information tells us that along with 40 HP, the engine will produce around 45 Nm of torque.
- The torque characteristics of the engine will be very different from the current Himalayan 411.
- It is expected that the engine will be tuned to perform better both on and off-road equally.
- The transmission is expected to be 6-speed.
- One of the highlighting features on the new ADV will be the addition of a Ride-by-wire throttle system.
- This new system will allow the bike to have 3 riding modes – Road, Rain & Off-road.
- The Off-road mode will automatically switch-off the ABS of the rear wheel.
- The instrumentation is said to have vertical orientation just like many rally machines, but will not be TFT to keep the bike affordable.
- The Himalayan 450 is expected to have a dominating and big road presence and will feature bigger body panels.
- The ADV will be capable of carrying 20 L of fuel.
- The front suspension will consist of Upside-down (USD) forks.
- Other visual features consist of an upswept exhaust unit and large fenders.
- The revealed information boldly claims that the new ADV will continue to have 21″ front and 17″ rear tyres covered in special MRF dual-purpose rubber developed for this machine.
- The ADV will have a newly designed stronger sub-frame which will be equipped with luggage racks capable of carrying payload upto 15 kg.
- Royal Enfield is going to bring a whole lot of accessories for the Himalayan 450 including Heated grips, Different handlebars & hand-guards and various hard & soft luggage options.
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Raid
According to the online portal, Royal Enfield is also working on a harcore version of the upcoming Himalayan 450 – Himalayan 450 Raid.
The top-spec ADV is codenamed ‘K1X’ and will make its appearance later down the line, somewhere around 2025-26. The Raid model will feature premium features like upgraded suspension, tubeless spoked-wheels, more powerful engine, auxiliary fuel-tanks etc.
Looking at the features being worked on for the Raid version of the Himalayan 450, is Royal Enfield planning to compete in international Rally championships in the future??
Considering these leaks to be true, the new Himalayan 450 appears to be a very promising and capable machine which will directly take on the KTM 390 Adventure.
Finally, it is expected that the new Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 will see its launch happening early next year (2023). It is also highly probable that the current Himalayan will be discontinued once the 450 enters the market.
Source – Bikewale