2017 Dio Changes
We have landed upon some exclusive pics of the new 2017 Dio (credit – Rahul Krishnan) which gets some cosmetic changes in its latest upgrade.
- First up, notice the the smiling element over the front apron. It may probably be an additional lighting element.
- The next change we could notice is the additional light over the side blinkers. These could be DRLs.
- Apart from these, the front apron now comes in dual shades and the overall body gains new decals and stickers.
- We can also notice the new Yellow-grey dual shade in the lineup. We can also tell you that there will be another new orange/matte grey shade on offer.
- And obviously, the engine will be upgraded to the latest BS4 emission norms. The new Dio will also feature AHO (automatic headlamp on).
Sadly, Honda has still kept the scooter devoid of telescopic shock absorbers, like the new Activa 4G!
Just for the records, the outgoing Dio churns out 8 bhp of peak power at 7000 rpm and 8.77 Nm of max torque at 5500 rpm from its 109.2 cc engine. It weighs 105 kg and has a claimed top speed of 83 kmph according to Honda. Once Honda shares the official specs of the 2017 Dio, we will come to know if there are any changes in this upgrade process.
Current Dio is offered in these five colours – Matte grey, Candy Jazz Blue, Candy Palm Green, Black, Sports Red.
The older BS3 Dio costs Rs 48,651 ex-showroom Delhi (Rs 53,454 on road). Let us wait and see how big or small the increment is on the BS4 model. These pics appear to be taken at dealer yards which confirms that its launch announcement is just a few days away…