Honda seems to be inspired from the nomenclature of telecom companies. After their outgoing Activa 3G, the new 2017 Activa gets the ‘4G’ badge.
Activa 4G Changes
- First up the engine is BS4 Compliant.
- As mandated by the law, it also gets AHO (Automatic Headlamp On) feature.
- Also comes with two new colours – Matt Selene Silver Metallic and Matte Axis Grey Metallic. Total colour offerings now stand at seven. Geny Grey Metallic colour has been discontinued.
- In terms of feature additions, Activa 4G also comes with a mobile charging socket.
- It also gets a minor change to its torque figures.
2017 Activa 4G Engine
The new Activa continues with the same 109.2 cc HET engine which produces 8 bhp of peak power at 7500 rpm and 9 Nm of max torque at 5500 rpm. While there are no changes to the power output but the torque has been increased by a nominal 0.17 Nm.
It continues to offer features like tubeless tyres, CLIC, CBS with Equalizer and gets HET Tyre which Honda says has been developed with Honda patented compound. However, the scooter still does NOT get telescopic suspension!
In terms of looks, Activa 4G gets a new front apron (with minor changes), ‘4G’ sticker on the side panel and does not have the headlamp switch.
Activa 4G Price
|2017 Activa 4G
*price ex-showroom Delhi
The outgoing Activa 3G costs Rs 50,290 which means there has been a minor price revision of Rs 440.
Earlier in February, Honda launched the Activa 125 BS4 with integrated LED position light and some mechanical changes.