Continuing with the need to update all models to adhere to stricter emission norms, Honda has launched the 2017 Activa 125 which also gets a few other changes.
New Activa 125 Changes
- Emission Compliance – New Activa 125 becomes the first scooter in the market to become BS4 certified.
- Power & Torque – Activa 125 continues to be powered by the same 124.9 cc air cooled engine but there are changes to both its power and torque outputs. While power, at 8.52 bhp, is very marginally down (from 8.60 bhp of older Activa 125), torque has been increased from 10.12 Nm to 10.54 Nm (at 5000 rpm).
- LED Position Light – Honda has also added LED position lights at the front apron (integrated into side blinkers).
- AHO – To comply, new 125 cc Activa also gets Automatic Headlight On functionality.
- Mobile Charging – The 2017 Activa 125 now gets a mobile charging socket and front hook for convenience.
- New Mid-Variant – Introduction of a new middle variant with alloy wheels and drum brakes.
- New Colour – Activa 125 is now available in new Mat Crust Metallic colour.
Rest of the features like 12 inch tyres, CLIC, CBS etc continue to be on offer.
New Activa 125 Price
|Standard – with CBS||Rs 56,954|
|Alloy Drum – with CBS – New variant||Rs 58,900|
|Alloy Disc – with CBS||Rs 61,362|
*all prices ex-showroom Delhi
This transition has resulted in a very minor Rs 500 price increment across the range. The new mid-variant with alloy wheels and drum brakes is based on customer feedback, Honda informs. Activa 125 is now available at showrooms.
Honda Activa 125 Colours
New Activa 125 is available in the following five colours…
- Pearl Amazing White
- Midnight Blue Metallic
- Rebel Red Metallic
- Mat Crust Metallic – New (pictured on this page)
Honda informs that they have, so far, sold over 6 lakh units of Activa 125 and claims that it is the largest selling 125 cc scooter in India.