After the 2017 Shine, the next motorcycle to get BS4-ed is the sibling Shine SP. We shared with you its first teaser pic and after it was updated at the website, moments back Honda has shared the press release sharing all the details about the motorcycle.
New Shine SP Changes
Here is the list…
- Emission Compliance – The biggest change is the emission compliance to BS4 which will become mandatory from 1st April 2017.
- Power drop – Like others, there has been a minor power drop of 0.41 bhp. New Shine SP BS4 produces 10.16 bhp as compared to 10.57 bhp of the older model at the same revs. Torque figure remains the same at 10.3 Nm (at 5500 rpm).
- AHO – Shine SP BS4 comes with automatic headlight on feature.
- Weight Increment – There is one kilogram of weight increase in the 2017 Shine SP. The CBS variant now weighs 124 kg.
- New Colours – Honda has added two new colours to the palette.
- New Graphics – 2017 Shine SP gets different and flashier graphics apart from minor cosmetic changes (like the blackened side cowl etc).
- Low Resistance Tyres – The 2017 Shine SP also comes with low resistance HET tyres – the first motorcycle to do so. Honda claims it reduces rolling resistance by 15-20 percent.
The new graphics get ‘SP’ inked on the tank. Lesser power and increment in weight may result in very minor drop in performance.
2017 Shine SP Price
BS3 Shine SP price
- Shine SP STD – Rs 60,674
- Shine SP DLX – Rs 63,173
- Shine SP CBS – Rs 65,174
*all prices ex-showroom Delhi
This means that the increment is only Rs 240 across the range!
2017 Shine SP Colours
Here is the list of six colours the motorcycle is now available in
- Athletic Blue metallic
- Pearl Amazing White
- Imperial Red Metallic*
- Geny Grey Metallic
- Pearl Siren Blue*
*Imperial red metallic replaces rebel red metallic and pearl siren blue is the new colour introduction.
2017 Shine SP is the premium version of Shine and apart from sportier looks, it gets an extra fifth gear to play with.
Next Read: Revealed: 2017 Honda Shine BS4 Gets Three Changes