2021 Apache 310 changes may not be limited to the ones mentioned below. There may be more surprises in store for bikers…
The Apache RR 310, TVS’ flagship motorcycle, which uses a 310cc engine that has been developed in conjunction with partner BMW Motorrad, was born in December 2017 in India. In the meantime, it has been receiving various updates which have already made the motorcycle pretty ‘complete’.
And that is the reason why it was surprising when TVS sent invite mailers for a new version that was to be launched at the Madras Motor Race Track, Chennai this month. It ought to have fair bit of mechanical changes to justify the ride and launch at a racing circuit. However, due to the increasing cases of COVID, the media event was cancelled, however the launch is on (more details). So, here are the five possible changes the 2021 Apache 310 is expected to get…
2021 Apache 310 Changes (Expected)
- Adjustable Front Suspension – Sibling Apache 200 has just received it and it is natural to expect the elder sibling to get this tech on the new version. This will allow for an even better motorcycle control as it will let bikers choose settings based on their comfort levels.
- Cornering ABS – Only the 390 Adventure comes with cornering ABS in this segment and even the RC390 is devoid of it. That gives the Apache 310 a nice opportunity to ace a one up against its Austrian rival.
- Tyres – The first Apache 310s came equipped with Michelin Pilot Street tyres. The 2020 version received Michelin Road 5 tyres. But with the Indian government tightening the rule for import of tyres, many manufacturers are finding it difficult to source this imported rubber. Hence, this may be more of a downgrade, of sorts, but the 2021 Apache 310 may come shod with localized tyres. Considering the company’s other models, new Apache 310 is expected to get Protorq rubber from sister company TVS Tyres.
- New Face – If you look at the blurred teaser that TVS has shared with the media, the face of the motorcycle appears to be slightly different. Hence, there is a possibility that the 2021 Apache 310 may get a new headlamp and/or a slightly different fairing, apart from other minor styling changes.
- Fresh Colors – As is the case with most of the yearly updates, expect one or two new colors for the TVS’ flagship. We would love a sporty white with contrast decals.
And then, expect a price increment on the motorcycle which has become almost a ritual with every update. For reference, the current version is priced at Rs 2,49,990 ex-showroom pan India.