New Super Splendor price was not announced at its launch in December. It is weird why Hero has this confusing policy. 2017 Glamour also ended up being a similar indecision!
It is ironic that Hero, time and again, reiterates that their focus will be performance motorcycles (apart from scooters) and they come up with something extremely commuter-focused. What’s more – they have recently, after a long wait of four years, said HX 250R has been shelved and the reason cited was hilarious!
Nonetheless, typical of Hero, the company launched new updated variants of three of their motorcycles – 2018 Super Splendor, Passion Pro and Passion XPro in December 2017. Let us talk about the bigger Splendor here.
2018 Super Splendor Changes
The motorcycle which plays second fiddle to the Glamour in the 125 cc segment – 2018 Super Splendor has again been given a push. It comes with the following changes..
- New vertically mounted engine from the 2017 Glamour. Till now Super Splendor sported a horizontally mounted motor. It is basically the same old 124.7 cc engine with tweaks from Hero. After this rotation they call this engine ‘all-new’ and ‘their innovation’!
- Against the 9 bhp at 7000 rpm and 10.35 Nm at 4000 rpm of the outgoing model, 2018 Super Splendor produces higher 11.4 bhp of peak power at 7500 rpm and 11 Nm of maximum torque at 6500 rpm. In percentage terms this is about 27 percent more power and 6 percent more torque
- As we can see both the peak power and torque now come in a lot later in the rev range which may signify a change in how the motorcycle may behave on the road.
- Compression ratio has also been altered from 9.1:1 to 10:1.
- It now gets a fatter 3.0 inch rear tyre from the older 2.75 inch – it continues to be an 18 incher.
- In this process, the kerb weight of the motorcycle has seen a 3 kg increment to 124 kg now.
2018 Super Splendor Features (New)
Other feature additions include
- new headlamp with AHO
- lockable seat
- new instrument console
It continues with a 4-speed gearbox, i3s (idle start stop system) and most of the other specs of the older motorcycle.
2018 Super Splendor Price
|Super Splendor Old||Rs 56,215|
|2018 Super Splendor||Rs 57,190|
*all prices ex-showroom Delhi
As you can see, Hero has increased the prices of the model by about Rs 1000. There is only one model on sale – drum brakes and alloy wheels. 2018 Super Splendor will be available in five metallic colours with refreshed graphics.
After failing to launch Xtreme 200R within the earlier promised timelines, Hero will officially introduce their first 200cc motorcycle within this month!