2018 Goldwing price is in the same ballpark as the older version but it is a significantly new model…
Honda unveiled the 2018 GoldWing at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show in November last year. And shortly after, the company launched the luxury tourer in our market. At the 2018 Auto Expo earlier this year, Honda showcased the motorcycle in India for the first time and very recently they commenced the deliveries of the motorcycle in Jaipur.
Now, what is surprising is the fact that, according to a press note shared by Honda moments back, they have revealed that the 2018 Gold Wing has received over 35 bookings in India – which is really impressive considering the segment the motorcycle is placed in.
Let us give you some quick details about the sofa-on-wheels…
2018 Goldwing Features & Changes
Here is a list of all the major changes and feature set of the new GoldWing…
- The biggest change is the inclusion of Honda’s DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) which was first made famous by Africa Twin (also sold in India). This third gen DCT is a 7-speed unit and has a low-speed “Walking” mode apart from reverse. This will help in low-speed crawls and tight parking spaces.
- The newest GoldWind also gets a double wishbone front suspension with single shock – World First for any Honda motorcycle! Honda says this helps in reducing friction as compared to the regular telescopics.
- It also gets Cruise Control via Throttle by Wire along with 4 Rider Modes – Tour, Sport, Econ, Rain.
- It comes with Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) & Hill Start Assist
- The new die-cast aluminium twin beam frame is stiffer and also lighter by 2 kg.
- Another exclusive feature addition is Apple CarPlay which makes it the first motorcycle to get the feature in the world.
- It also comes with a new 7 inch TFT colour display.
- Full LED lighting and auto-cancelling side blinkers.
- Electric windscreen (can be adjusted for angle as well as height) and smart key are standard equipment.
- GoldWing comes equipped with ABS and Dual-Combined Braking System (D-CBS) as standard.
2018 GoldWing Engine
The 1833 cc horizontally-opposed flat six liquid cooled SOHC engine now comes with 4-valves per cylinder (older mill had two per cylinder). It churns out 125 bhp of peak power at 5500 rpm and a maximum torque of 170 Nm at 4500 rpm. This motorcycle is 6.2 kg lighter. Honda claims that the changes have made GoldWing sportier to ride.
2018 GoldWing Price
|GoldWing||Rs 26.85 Lakhs|
|GoldWing Tour||Rs 28.50 Lakhs|
There are two variants as listed above but only the glossy Candy Ardent Red colour is on offer.
The motorcycle is available for bookings at exclusive Wing World showrooms in Delhi (C-126, Industrial Area Phase – I, Naraina) and Mumbai (H-Kantilal & Co. Compound, Sakinaka, Andheri-East).
Honda has also introduced the 2017 CBR 650F recently in the Indian market and you can read the list of changes here.