Apart from the introduction of the new Duke 250 in the Indian market, KTM has also launched the 2017 Duke 390 in India which gets a lot of feature additions and a similar level price increment.
2017 Duke 390 Features & Quick Pointers
- It is the new 2017 Duke 390 that has been launched in India. Unlike the model year changes to the RC range, this is a new-generation model which gets body deep changes.
- In terms of feature additions, it gets Ride-by-Wire which eliminates the throttle cable and makes use of sensors and offers a smooth response.
- New 390 also gets a first in class multi-colour TFT display that can be paired with your smartphone and is controllable from the handlebar.
- Slipper Clutch and ABS are standard but it gets a 320 mm front disc rotor (20 mm bigger than the outgoing version).
- The biggest and the most welcome change is the bigger 13.5 liter fuel tank – which was the single biggest concern of all the Duke owners.
- Like the Duke 250, 390 also gets a sub frame bolted on the precise Trellis main frame.
- It also gets a split all LED headlamp.
- Among other features, it continues with WP upside down forks, 4 piston radial calipers (for front) and has a ground clearance of 178 mm.
2017 Duke 390 Engine
The stonker of the 373.27 cc motor churns out the same 43.5 PS of peak power at 9000 rpm but an increased 37 Nm of maximum torque (2 Nm higher) at 7000 rpm. It is BS4 certified and transmission duties are performed by a 6 speed constant mesh transmission.
2017 Duke 390 Price
|2017 Duke 390||Rs 2,25,730|
As you can notice there is a massive price increase of almost Rs 30,000 over the outgoing model and it now costs more than even the 2017 RC390 (by Rs 530).
There are two reasons for this – one, unlike the 2017 RC390 which is a model year change, the new Duke 390 is a new-gen model and hence a lot has gone through a lot of alterations underneath (apart from the feature inclusion we have talked about earlier) and two, we believe this has been slightly inflated to create as much room for the Duke 250 as possible.
Still, even after such a price increment, Duke 390 remains a lovely bang for your buck motorcycle!
With the new exhaust canister, weight has seen an increment. 2017 Duke 390 weighs 155 kg dry (163 kg kerb) and KTM is offering it in the single orange colour shade pictured on this page. Bookings of all the new Dukes have commenced from today.