So, all the speculations that made way prior to the new Dukes’ oncoming have come true. At an event in Mumbai, KTM has launched the 2017 Duke range with the introduction of a new member – Duke 250.
250 Duke Launch: Quick Pointers & Features
- It is the 2017 version of Duke 250 that has been introduced in India.
- Duke 250 sits between the 200 and 390 and is closer to the smaller sibling in terms of positioning and hence you see a few feature omissions.
- The new quarter liter has given KTM an option of increasing the prices of the elder Duke 390.
- In terms of features it gets slipper clutch, new bolt-on subframe, WP upside down front forks, four piston radial caliper 300 mm front disc brake and single piston 230 mm rear disc.
- It does NOT get ABS even as an option and also misses out on the TFT display of the 2017 Duke 390.
- The new Duke 250 weighs 153 kg dry (161 kg kerb) and gets the bigger 13.5 liter fuel tank.
2017 Duke 250 Engine
The new Duke 250’s 248.76 cc single cylinder motor gets a bore and stroke of 72 and 61.1 mm and is capable of churning out very impressive 30 PS of peak power at 9000 rpm and 24 Nm of peak torque at 7500 rpm. The motor adheres to the upcoming BS4 emission norms.
2017 Duke 250 Price
|Duke 250||Rs 1,73,000|
*price ex-showroom Delhi
As compared to Duke 200, it costs about Rs 30,000 more and is Rs 50,000+ lesser than 2017 Duke 390 on the ex-showroom prices.
KTM is offering the Duke 250 in orange and white colour theme pictured on this page. Bookings of Duke 250 commence from today.