BikeAdvice exclusively revealed the first glimpse of the 2017 Dio a week back and in an official communication, Honda has revealed the scooter and has shared its prices and changes. Dio is the third largest selling scooter in India, second largest for Honda and the most-exported model for the company. So far, Honda has sold 17.5 lakh Dios.
2017 Dio Changes
Here is the list of changes the new Dio comes with..
- 2017 Dio 110cc engine now gets BS4 compliant.
- It comes with sharper looks.
- There is a V-shaped LED position lamp on the handlebar.
- It comes with refreshed dual tone body colours and new graphics.
- Honda has introduced two new colours – Vibrant orange and Pearl Sports Yellow.
- It also gets a mobile charging socket for convenience.
- AHO (automatic headlamp on) – the mandatory feature has also been added to the scooter.
- Unfortunately, Honda still feels that their best selling scooters (Activa & Dio) do NOT require telescopic shock absorbers!
New Dio also continues with age-old tube-type tyres. Edit – It comes with tubeless tyres.
2017 Dio Engine
The new Dio churns out the same 8 bhp of peak power at 7000 rpm from its 109.19 cc fan cooled engine. Torque has been upped to 8.91 Nm from 8.77 Nm at the same 5500 rpm. Kerb weight has also come down to 103 kg (from 105 kg) whereas the claimed top speed of 83 kmph remains unchanged.
2017 Dio Colours
Honda is offering the new Dio is a choice of five colours…
- Vibrant Orange (new)
- Pearl Sports Yellow (new)
- Sports Red
- Candy Jazz Blue
- Matte Axis Gray Metallic
Candy Palm Green and black colours have been discontinued from the lineup.
2017 Dio Price
|2017 Dio||Rs 49,132|
*ex-showroom Delhi price
The outgoing Dio was priced at Rs 48,651 which means the increment is only Rs 481.
The moto-scooter has, no doubt, become more desirable – both in terms of features as well as looks, however, omission of telescopic suspension is a deal-breaker for many!