Kawasaki ZX25R variant differences have been made in terms of omission of few features which has resulted in dissimilarity of weights; as well as the price…
As we all know, Kawasaki has stunned the world with the launch of its new Ninja ZX-25R. It is the world’s only quarter liter motorcycle with four cylinders. And that makes it quite unique and naturally the talk of the town.
Indonesia becomes the first market to get the screamer (launch story). It is available in two different variants. In this story, let us list the differences between them..
ZX25R Variant Differences
- Quickshifter – The special edition gets KQS – Kawasaki Quick Shifter, whereas the standard version comes devoid of it.
- ABS – The SE comes with a dual channel Anti-lock Braking System whereas the standard ZX-25R makes do without it.
- Weight – As a result of the added equipment, the ZX25R SE weighs 182 kilos which means it is 2 kg heavier than the standard model. This offers the ZX25R std with a slight advantage in the power to weight ratio.
- Colors – The Special Edition model comes in funkier colors of black, green and blue with graphics. On the other hand, the standard model is available only in black shade without a lot of graphics and stickers.
- Price – The ZX25R standard model is priced at Rp 96,000,000 (~4.89 Lakh INR) whereas the premium version costs Rp 1,12,900,000 (~5.75 Lakh INR) – a difference of Rp 1,69,00,000 (~86,000 INR).
Apart from this, the SE also gets frame sliders which are absent on the standard version. The visor is also smoked on the SE and it gets a racing seat as well.
ZX25R Key Features (Common Between Variants)
- Slipper Clutch
- Economical Riding Indicator
- Electronic Throttle Valves
- KTRC (Kawasaki Traction Control)
- Power Modes
Both the versions are powered by the same 249.8 cc, liquid cooled, DOHC engine capable of producing a maximum power of 51 PS at 15,500 rpm (with RAM air) and a peak torque of 22.9 Nm at 14,500 rpm.