2022 Ninja 400 Euro-5 launch in India is now a possibility as they are almost compliant to our BS6 emission norms. But will it come..?
So, Kawasaki have updated and relaunched their popular ‘Ninja 400’ & ‘Z400’ motorcycles in the European market.
The new 400 supersport & streetfighter models are now powered by Euro-5 engines which could open doors for these capable machines to once again make their way into our market to take on the new KTM RC 390 and the Upcoming KTM 390 Duke refresh.
2023 Z400 & Ninja 400 Euro-5 Compliant Models Highlights & Features
- The biggest refresh the two 400 models of Kawasaki have received is the new 399 cc Euro-5 compliant engine.
- The 2023 Ninja 400 & Z400 models now produce a similar 45 HP at 8,000 RPM & 37 Nm of torque at 8,000 RPM.
- Visually, both the faired and the naked bike continue the design and look of their respective Ninja & Z’s traditional design language, inspired from their respective 1000 cc big brothers.
- The new Ninja 400 comes in two colour options – Lime Green/Ebony (KRT Edition) & Metallic Carbon Grey/Metallic Matte Carbon Grey
- The new Z400 comes in two colour options as well – Candy Lime Green/Metallic Spark Black & Pearl Robotic White/Metallic Matte Graphenesteel Grey
- Both the models now come with an improved Assist & Slipper Clutch system which the company claims provides 20% less pressure during the lever pull.
- Both the Ninja 400 & Z400 models ride on the same chassis as their most powerful Z H2 supercharged naked bike.
- The Braking duties are handled by 286 mm front brakes coupled with 193 mm rear brake setup aided by ABS as standard.
- Seat height – 785 mm
- Ground Clearance – 140 mm
- Kerb Weight – 168 kg
- Fuel Capacity – 14 L
As mentioned earlier, the launch of the new Euro-5 compliant 2023 Kawasaki Ninja 400 and Z400 models means that these bikes can once again make their way into our market as BS-VI compliant models. The Ninja 400 was discontinued in our country when the BS-Vi norms came into effect in 2020.
In U.K., both the 400 models will start reaching the dealerships somewhere in the middle of August.
The 2023 Kawasaki Ninja 400 will start from £6,250 which equates to Rs. 6,10,314/- (ex-showroom). The 2023 Kawasaki Z400 will start from £6,000 which equates to 5,85,901/- (ex-showroom).