To adhere to the new emission norms, UM Motorcycles has also introduced their BS4 compliant range. Both the currently available Renegade Commando and Sports S gain electronic fuel injection.
2017 Renegade Commando & Sports S Changes:
- Both the motorcycles have been upgraded to meet BS4 emission norms.
- Though not specified but they should have also received AHO (automatic headlamp on).
- Both of them get electronic fuel injection.
- UM says this has resulted in a ‘higher’ and ‘consistent’ power as compared to the outgoing variants. However, they have not specified any figures for ‘higher’!
- They have also worked on ‘cold starts’.
- UM also promises better throttle response and tuning options for the motorcycles.
They continue to be powered by the same 279.5 cc 4-stroke, 4-valve single cylinder liquid cooled engine. BS3 carbureted version of this motor churned out 25 PS of peak power and 22 Nm of maximum torque.
2017 Renegade Commando & Sports S Prices
After the recent hike of upto Rs 8000 on both these motorcycles announced earlier this year, the 2017 range with fuel injection sees another price increment. Here are the latest prices..
- 2017 Renegade Sports S FI – Rs 1.68 Lakhs
- 2017 Renegade Commando FI – Rs 1.74 Lakhs
*prices ex-showroom Delhi
This means that there is a price hike of Rs 10,000 on the Commando FI and the Sports S has become costlier by Rs 11,000.