Next-Gen Ducati Scrambler reveal scheduled for the later part of this year. However, it was showcased to some media members with strict instructions of no photography…
So, Ducati hosted their annual World Ducati Week (WDW) 2022 between 22nd July and 24th July at the famous Misano World Circuit “Marco Simoncelli’.
Ducati, who describe the WDW as a party dedicated to the passion for the world of two-wheels and the pleasure of being together, hosted an exciting ‘Race of the Champions’ which pitted the Ducati MotoGP and World SuperBike (WSBK) riders – where the Ducati Factory MotoGP rider Francesco Bagnaia blitzed all other riders. Ducati also showcased their latest Panigale, Streetfighter, Multistrada, and DesertX models, which the Ducatisti took-in to their hearts’ content.
However, a secret viewing of an upcoming bike is all everybody is talking about…
Ducati arranged a secret showcase of their upcoming ‘Scrambler’ model to the attendees and participating journos, and forbade all of them from snapping photos or capturing videos of the bike showcased. However, that didn’t stop anybody from sharing the detailed description of the bike and all its changes in words, if not in images.
Listed below are all the details of the new Ducati Scrambler secretly showcased at the 2022 WDW event –
- The new Ducati Scrambler will weigh 5 kg lighter than the previous model.
- The new Scrambler could tip the scales at around 184 kg.
- Some written reports hint at a slimmer & lighter construction and updated technology.
- The new Scrambler appears to be visually lighter as well – sporting revisions to the frame, swingarm, and cast wheels which contribute to it’s slim silhouette.
- A significant change noted on the new bike is the wider pillion seat that makes it suitable for 2-up riding adventures.
- There are reports saying that the Chassis configurations might change.
- The new Scrambler will be teched-out with a Quickshifter, Slipper clutch, full-LED lighting and a Rectangular TFT dash instead of the previous round one.
- Ducati could be offering the new Scrambler with an option for Interchangeable fuel tank covers, which could be one of the best features offered on any bike ever.
While Ducati gave the Ducatisti a small taste of the 2023 Scrambler, the Italian firm will officially unveil the new model at EICMA 2022 happening between the 8th-13th of November 2022. The EICMA 2022 presentation will mark Ducati’s return to the trade show after a 3-year hiatus.