TVS surprised everyone at the 2016 Auto Expo by showcasing the Akula concept which was their take on the joint platform developed with BMW. So far, the motorcycle was caught doing test rounds on public roads in complete camouflage and was snapped undisguised a few days back. Building on the same, Xbhp has posted absolutely uncamouflaged and fresh spy pics of a matte grey coloured test mule which is doing runs on a bench.
Update: Gaadiwaadi has posted trademark details of the motorcycle and it gets revealed that TVS has registered it under the name of Apache RR 310S, which will, in all probability, be its final market going name!
Apache RR 310S – Observations
- The split headlamps appear to be be LED units and have DRLs over them.
- Though not a confirmation, but one of the pic here probably showcases ABS rings.
- The twin split head lamps are placed lower to lend the motorcycle a very sporty character. They also remind us of the older-gen CBR600RR to some extent.
- TVS is continuing with Golden coloured premium upside down front forks.
- The tail lamp, again an LED unit, is funky and is an inverted omega (sign).
- The tank, another very important design element of the motorcycle, is tall and muscular, and appears to have well chiselled out knee recess.
We can notice that this blue coloured mule has a broken/twisted front brake lever. Alongside that is a tall visor which, aesthetically could have been better, but should provide better wind-resistance while on the roll. And then there is an all-digital vertically-stacked instrument panel.
The clip-ons of the Apache 310S are set slightly higher up than the track-spec Akula concept which is expected, however, the seating posture will still be more committed than the Pulsar RS200. The motorcycle is shod with
Pirelli tyres Edit – these are Michelin Pilot Street tyres.
There are minor differences in these spy pics – One grey coloured mule has black-tipped exhaust (as compared to the silver-tip of the blue mule). It also has a blackened visor.
Apache RR 310S will share the 313cc single cylinder engine from the BMW G 310R but what spec-changes will it incorporate is not known at this point!
TVS Apache RR 310S Launch
TVS promised an early 2017 launch for the production Akula. However, in a latest, we learn that TVS is targeting mid-2017 for this motorcycle (link to report).
And considering the the way the motorcycle is shedding its identity and with new details leaking out, it appears that in the coming few months we should, indeed, have the motorcycle on our roads. We also get a feeling that it may be launched before BMW G310R!
Next Read: Apache Indian: TVS Apache RTR 200 Review