After Wego, the next product from TVS to get BS4 compliant is their best selling scooter – Jupiter. After its first spyshots surfaced, the company has shared an official announcement briefing us about the changes and price…
2017 Jupiter Changes & Features
- The new Jupiter comes with a BS4 engine. It gets a BS4 sticker at the rear mud flap and one on the front apron, signifying the change.
- In terms of cosmetics there are not many changes and it continues with the same design.
- It also gets AHO (automatic headlamp on) feature, and the headlamp switch is missing on the switchgear.
- TVS has also introduced its version of CBS (Combined Braking System) and calls it as SBS which stands for Sync Braking System on the new Wego. Jupiter also gets the tech and it is available across the range.
- So far, TVS offered disc brake only in the special MillionR Edition but now the ZX variant comes with a disc brake as an option.
- The new Jupiter also gets two additional colour options – Jade Green and Mystic Gold (also pictured on this page).
Though not confirmed, but it appears that the specs have remain unchanged. Which means that it continues to produce 8 PS (5.88 Kw) of peak power at 7500 rpm along with 8 Nm of max torque at 5500 rpm from its 109.7 cc all-aluminum motor.
2017 Jupiter Price
The 2017 Jupiter is available in three variants..
- Jupiter Standard – Rs 49,666
- Jupiter ZX – Rs 51,689
- Jupiter ZX Disc – Rs 53,666
*all prices ex-showroom Delhi
Though TVS is claiming that there is no price increment, we could notice a revision of around Rs 630 in the prices of all the variants.
With this update, Jupiter can be had in 10 colours – Royal Wine, Matte Blue, Stallion Brown, Titanium Grey, Sparkling Silver, Midnight Black, Volcano Red, Pristine White, Jade Green (new) and Mystic Gold (new).