Aprilia Unveils their latest ADV scooter SR GT in Japan… It is offered in two coloured graphic design…
Back in November of 2021 at the EICMA show, Aprilia showcased their ADV scooter twins – SR GT 125 and SR GT 200 – to the world. It hinted the two-wheeler world to a new shift where the manufacturers are trying to cash-in the success and prevalence of ADV bikes.
It is evident that the manufacturers are trying to evolve their scooter to have ADV traits in them so that they become more appealing to the new breed of riders.
Now, Aprilia have unveiled their SR GT 200 in the land of the Rising Sun i.e. Japan. It continues to keep the design language which was showcased at the EICMA 2021.
It sports a typical ADV scooter aesthetic and without fault can be identified to be one. It sports an aggressive and butch tall front, a tall stance and exposed front forks along with traditional Aprilia ‘A’ on the sides on the model with light colour scheme.
Aprilia SR GT Features and Highlights
- Aprilia offers the SR GT in six colours – Street Gold, Iridium Gray, Red Raceway, Aprilia Black, Street Gray and Infinity Blue.
- The ADV scooter is powered by a 174 cc, single-cylinder, water-cooled, 4-valve, SOHC engine.
- The power-unit produces 17.4 HP of power @ 8,500 RPM and 16.5 Nm of torque @ 7,000 RPM.
- The transmission used in the SR GT is automatic in functioning.
- The chassis consists of a double cradle high tension steel pipe frame connected to a 33 mm dia hydraulic telescopic forks with 120 mm travel at front and spring preload adjustable hydraulic twin shock at rear with 102 mm travel.
- Braking is handled by a 260 mm wave disc hydraulic braking system at the front with 220 mm wave disc hydraulic braking system at the rear aided by ABS only at the front.
- Wheelbase – 1350 mm
- Seat height – 799 mm
- Ground clearance – 175 mm
- Kerb weight – 148 kg
- Fuel capacity – 9 L
- The feature-list consists of full-LED lighting setup, enduro bikes inspired design, all-terrain tyre profile, high visibility LCD instrumentation with option Aprilia MIA system, USB port and under-seat storage capacity of approximately 25 L.
Price of Aprilia SR GT (ex-showroom, Japan)
The Aprilia SR GT is the perfect competitor to Honda’s ADV scooter offering X-ADV 150 which currently has a very successful stint in the Indonesian market.
Recently we reported that Honda have trademarked the name X-ADV for Indian market , and we expect that Honda is planning to bring the X-ADV 150 on our shores. So, if Aprilia does decide to challenge Honda on equal grounds, they can bring the SR GT into our country as well.