Yamaha R15S price is minimum Rs 16,500 lesser than the R15 V4. The Matte Black colour joins the current Racing Blue option…
So, a few months back, we shared a speculative report that Yamaha are planning to add a new colour scheme to their friendly R15 S v3 sportbike.
Now it has come true, as Yamaha have added a ‘Matte Black’ colour scheme to the R15 S v3 motorcycle. It goes in addition to the existing Racing Blue colour that is already on sale.
2022 Yamaha R15 S v3 in new Matte Black colour
The Yamaha R15 S Version 3.0 is the ‘friendlier’ version of the aggressive (and costlier) R15 v4/M siblings, offering relaxed riding ergonomics and ‘Unibody Seat’ – which is a fancy description of a single-unit stepped seat design.
Yamaha R15S Price
|2022 Yamaha R15 S v3|
|Matte Black (new)|
With the new ‘Matte Black’ colour the R15 S is now being offered in two colours now and both of them cost the same.
Yamaha R15 S Version 3.0 – Highlights & Features
- The most significant difference brought to R15 S v3 is the use of the ‘Unibody Seat’ design.
- The Unibody seat design offers relatively relaxed seating ergonomics for the rider. It has a broader, padded seat for improved comfort.
- The rest of the bike is similar to the previous R15 Version 3.0 sportbike.
- The Chassis is built around the tried-and-tested Deltabox Frame which is admired by many performance-focused riders.
- The R15S v3 comes with conventional telescopic forks at the front and a monocross link-type setup at the rear.
- Powering the friendly R15 S is the staple 155 cc, LC4V, single-cylinder, SOHC engine equipped with Variable Valves Actuation (VVA) technology.
Also read: BREAKING: TVS Ronin Leaked
- The power-unit produces 18.6 PS of power at 10,000 RPM and 14.1 Nm of torque.
- The engine puts down its power through a 6-speed transmission aided by an Assist & Slipper Clutch.
- The dual-channel ABS comes as standard and aids 282 mm single-disc at the front combined with 220 mm single-disc at the rear.
- The Instrumentation is a multi-function LCD cluster which offers information such as Gear position, VVA indicator, Gear-shift indicator, Speed, Fuel levels, RPM and much more.
- Wheelbase – 1325 mm
- Seat height – 815 mm
- Ground clearance – 170 mm
- Kerb weight – 142 kg (wet)