Important Activa 6G features include telescopics, new engine, external fuel filling etc. We quickly list them all for you…
Honda has officially launched its new Activa 6G today and it is the most comprehensive makeover the India’s largest selling scooter has received till date ever since its first launch in 1999. On the cosmetic front, it gets minor styling changes but Honda has added some very interesting features to actually make it a compelling preposition now.
Important Activa 6G Features
Let us quickly list the most important ones…
- Telescopic Shock Absorbers – It took Honda two decades to upgrade Activa with telescopics but finally, the scoot has received better suspension in its sixth generation!
- Fuel Injection – This has become a norm with every maker in the BS6 regime – ditching carburettor and switching to fuel injection. Like others, Activa 6G is also now fuel injected.
- Bigger Wheel – Honda has also increased the size of the front wheel to 12 inches. Activas till 5G were equipped with 10 inch wheels at the front. The rear continues to be a 10 incher.
- External Fuel Cap – With this new generation of Activa, Honda has also introduced external fuel filling. It can be opened through a switch near the keyhole.
- New Engine – Yes, the new Activa 6G comes with an all-new engine which produces slightly lesser power and torque than the outgoing model.
- Higher Fuel Efficiency – Honda claims that the new 6G is 10 percent more fuel efficient than before. This can be expected considering that it gets fuel injection now in place of a carb.
- Silent Start – The patented ACG starter motor has percolated to the smaller Activa as well. It ensures quick, silent and jolt-free start every time.
Chetak Launched at 1 Lakh – Directly Rivals Ather 450
Apart from these, the new Activa 6G also comes with a Pass Light switch, 18 mm increased ground clearance (seat height remains unchanged), engine start/stop switch, 23 mm increased floor space, DC LED headlamp, 3-step adjustable rear suspension, etc.
Honda Working on 200cc Motorcycles; Launch Next Year [Rumour]
You can check out its variants, colours and prices in its launch article here.