2019 Gixxer changes include an altered seat height, increased weight and others apart from cosmetic updates…
Suzuki has brought in the new Gixxer which also happens to be one of our favourite in this segment. Here is its launch article. How have things changed will only be known once we get to ride it, but for now, let us share all the changes that it has gone through..
2019 Gixxer Changes
- Fuel Injection – There is no carburettor! New Gixxer is offered in only one single fuel injected variant. This will make it closer to the BS VI compliance and we believe it will be updated closer to April 2020 – which is the set deadline. It must be noted that the current Gixxer is BS IV compliant only!
- Power Drop – The older Gixxer produced 14.8 PS of peak power at 8000 rpm whereas the new Gixxer has lost 0.7 PS and it churns out 14.1 PS of maximum power. Reasons of this reduction have not been shared. Torque numbers remain the same at 14 Nm.
- No Kick – 2019 Gixxer ditches the kick starter and only gets electric starter as the sole option.
- Looks – As you can see the motorcycle has seen dramatic cosmetic changes and looks a lot refreshed. There is a new sportier tank with longer extensions; visor over the headlamp has been removed.
- The headlamp and tail lamp are both LED units now.
- Split Seat – In place of a single unibody seat of the older model, the new Gixxer comes with a split seat set-up for added sportiness.
- Dimensions – At 2020 mm the new Gixxer is smaller than the older Gixxer by 30 mm, wider by 15 mm (at 800 mm) and taller by 5 mm (at 1035 mm). Despite being smaller in length the wheelbase has increased by 5 mm (it is 1335 mm).
- Seat Height – At 795 mm, seat height of the new model has increased by 15 mm.
- Weight – The new model weighs 140 kg which is 4 kg more than the older model.
Finally, the price of the motorcycle has seen a hike. The older model was retailed at Rs 88,941 whereas the 2019 version costs Rs 100,212 (both prices ex-showroom Delhi). This is because the new Gixxer is offered only as a single model loaded with fuel injection, single-channel ABS and rear disc.