2018 Activa 125 changes include some convenient features…
After Activa 110 5G, Honda also updated its elder sibling – Activa 125 with few useful changes for the model year 2018 in July this year. Activa 125 is not as big a seller for Honda as the largest selling 125cc scooter Access 125 is for Suzuki.
In a latest strategic move, Honda has decided to promote and push the scoot and they have launched a new campaign which will be exposed on Television, Digital, Print and Outdoor media. The ad features a conversation between a daughter and his father and highlights the positive attributes of the 125cc Activa. Emphasis has been on showcasing it as the same family of Activa.
Here are more details about the new scooter including all the changes it comes with as compared to the older variant, followed by pricing of all the variants.
2018 Activa 125 Changes
- LED Headlamp – Last year Honda added LED position lights to the scooter; this year they have lent LED treatment to the headlamps as well.
- 4-in-1 Lock with Seat Opener Switch – The scoot comes with convenient lock and a seat opening switch just by its side.
- Eco Speed Indicator – The digital analogue meter now shows you an optimum speed to ride your scooter in to get higher fuel economy.
- Service Due Indicator – It also now displays a signage when your scooter is due for service.
- Grey Alloys – Silver alloys have given way to grey colour for the alloys.
- 3-Step adjustable rear suspension – The rear suspension is now adjustable with 3-settings based on your comfort level.
Apart from this, the deluxe variant also comes equipped with a chrome plated metal muffler protector.
It continues to be powered by the same 124.9 cc BS4 engine which produces 8.52 bhp at 6500 rpm and 10.54 Nm at 5000 rpm.
2018 Activa 125 Price
|Activa 125 Drum||Rs 59,621|
|Activa 125 Drum Alloy||Rs 61,558|
|Activa 125 Disc||Rs 64,007|
*all prices ex-showroom Delhi
This means that Honda has increased the price of the scooter by over Rs 2000. And if we compare this with the prices of the first announced 2017 Activa 125 prices (in February 2017), the increment is over Rs 2600 on all the three models.
On Mid-Size Motorcycles Honda Says ‘Wait! It’s NOT the Right Time’
Honda added a new mid-variant with alloys and drum brakes in the 2017 version and it continues to be on sale. It has also introduced a new Matte Selene Silver colour to the palette which already comprises of Black, Pearl Amazing White, Rebel Red Metallic, Midnight Blue metallic and Matte Crust Metallic.
Within Few Weeks of Launch 2018 CBR 250R Prices Hiked
This 2018 Activa 125 is a part of the 18 two-wheelers that Honda has announced will be updated this year. The plan also comprises of an all-new two-wheeler (more details).