2-wheeler sales oct 2021 – Numbers present a very gloomy picture of the overall industry despite better atmosphere and much lesser restrictions…
FADA (Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations) has released its monthly retail sales numbers for the month of October 2021. And this includes the 42 day festive period that generally is the best period of the year as people flock to buy automobiles.
However, despite major relaxations in lockdowns and no fresh COVID disruptions, numbers are not a good read. Let us quickly list them for you..
2-Wheeler Sales Oct 2021 – Retail
|Maker||Oct 21 Sales||Oct 20 Sales|
- With the exception of Suzuki, no other maker from this big list was in green. All other manufacturers recorded lesser sales in October 2021 when compared to October 2020.
- Royal Enfield lost major sales as it went down by almost 38 percent.
- It was the only positional change as well in this entire list as Suzuki and Yamaha moved up, pushing Royal Enfield down to the seventh spot.
- Hero MotoCorp was the maker which lost the maximum number of sales (in terms of volumes).
- TVS, Yamaha, Bajaj and most others were relatively flat with minor losses to their corresponding last October’s numbers.
FADA says this was the worst festive month (and the overall season) in a decade as demand for entry level 2 wheelers was very low.
The major disrupters were clearly insane price hikes on 2-wheelers that has been necessitated by increase in raw material prices and most important the unjustifiably high petrol prices. Will things be better in November? Let us wait and watch…
These are actual registration numbers from 1357 RTOs across India (out of the total 1570). This data does not contain four states – AP, TS, LD and MP as they are not on Vahan 4 yet.