Yamaha R15S v3 price hike still keeps the bike cheaper by Rs. 16,000 than its bigger, aggressive R15 v4/M siblings…
It’s the turn of Yamaha India yet again – from this month (July 2022) they have increased the price of their friendlier sportbike – R15S Version 3.0 – by Rs 1,000/-.
This price increase has been disguised behind the addition of a new colour to R15S v3 – Matte Black – which has joined the Racing Blue shade, already on offer from the company.
Yamaha R15S v3 New Price (July 2022)
The Yamaha R15 S Version 3.0 is the ‘friendlier’ version of their aggressive R15 v4/M siblings, offering relaxed riding ergonomics and ‘Unibody Seat’ – which is a fancy description of a single-unit stepped seat design.
Both the offered colour options are priced similarly and now start at Rs. 1,60,900/- (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Comparing the R15S v3 to its aggressive siblings – the standard R15 v4 costs Rs 1.77 lakh – the R15S still sits at Rs. 16,000 cheaper.
Yamaha R15 S Version 3.0 – Highlights & Features
- The most significant difference brought to R15 S v3 is the use of the ‘Unibody Seat’ design.
- The Unibody seat design offers relaxed seating ergonomics for the rider and the pillion, offering a broader, padded seat for improved comfort.
- The rest of the bike is similar to the previous R15 Version 3.0 sportbike.
- The Chassis is built around the tried-and-tested Deltabox Frame which is admired by many performance-focused riders.
- The R15 sv3 is suspended on USD forks at the front and a monocross link-type setup at the rear.
- Powering the friendly R15 S is the staple 155 cc, LC4V, single-cylinder, SOHC engine equipped with Variable Valves Actuation (VVA) technology.
- The power-unit produces 18.6 PS of power at 10,000 RPM and 14.1 Nm of torque.
- The engine puts down its power through a 6-speed transmission aided by an Assist & Slipper Clutch.
- The dual-channel ABS comes as standard and aids 282 mm single-disc at the front combined with 220 mm single-disc at the rear.
- The Instrumentation is a multi-function LCD cluster which offers information such as Gear position, VVA indicator, Gear-shift indicator, Speed, Fuel levels, RPM and much more.
- Wheelbase – 1325 mm
- Seat height – 815 mm
- Ground clearance – 170 mm
- Kerb weight – 142 kg (wet)
The R15S V3 also rivals other supersport-designed motorcycles like the KTM RC 125 (Rs 1.88 lakh) and the Bajaj Pulsar RS200 (Rs 1.70 lakh) and manages to price well below them as well.