The Fazer, gets its DNA from the global Fazer series known for their sports touring, awesome looks. It has a “Look-at-me” appeal with the triple macho design concept giving it a concentrated form with excellent ergonomics. It has the beautifully contoured color – coordinated aerodynamic cowling to keep the wind blast at bay. With its comfortable riding position and seat the rider can enjoy a week end getaway or head off on a touring holiday.
Just like FZ16 and FZ-S, Fazer carries the Monocross suspension to ensure agile running performance and handling. The placement of this model’s ‘MidShip Muffler’ toward the center of the machine gives it a good concentration of mass, exhaust efficiency and handling. Fazer has the “140/60-17” size rear radial tyre with a 60% aspect ratio contributes to better grip and handling stability. The Fazer will be available in four color Electric Blue, Midnight Black, Lava Red and Flaming Orange.
Notable Changes in Fazer Compared to FZ 16:
- Wind tunnel developed aerodynamic cowl and visor protect you from wind blasts on the highway. Enhance stability and riding comfort over long distances.
- Riding posture designed to prevent fatigue and make long journeys more comfortable.
- New design mirrors not only look trendy, but also add to safety with a better rear view.
- New stylish graphics
- Sporty twin headlight adopted design & styling like Yamaha DNA to give more clear vision at night.
- Carbon pattern adopted to enhance the sporty image and the seat dynamics to ensure comfortable long touring.
Engine type: Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve
Maximum power: 14PS / 7500 rpm
Maximum torque: 14 Nm / 6000 rpm
Starting system: Electric start
Fuel tank capacity: 12 litres
Transmission type: Return type 5-speed
Brake type(front/rear): Hydraulic single disc / drum
Overall Length × Width × Height: 1,975mm × 770mm × 1,045mm
Seat height: 790mm
Minimum ground clearance: 160mm
Dry weight/Kerb weight: 130 kg / 141 kg
Source: Yamaha Motor India