Triumph Tiger 1200 range is the flagship offering for the company… all details are listed which means the launch is near…
Triumph India have officially listed their flagship Adventure-Tourer range – Triumph Tiger 1200 – on the Indian website with the caption ‘Price Coming Soon’.
The Tiger 1200 family is Triumph’s top-of-the-line Adventure-Touring machine and is offered on two variants – Tiger 1200 GT and Tiger 1200 Rally.
The Tiger 1200 GT is a road-focused variant designed for long-hauled riders while the Tiger 1200 Rally is designed for those who want to go beyond the roads and into the wilderness. Both the variants are further offered in two options – Pro and Explorer – with Explorer option increasing the fuel capacity of the bike to a massive 30 Litre.
Furthermore, Triumph have gone as far as listing all the accessories options for their recently overhauled Adventure-Tourers which includes all of their Luggage, Protection, Technology and Comfort add-ons.
List of Accessories for Triumph Tiger 1200 Range
- Rugged Luggage – Developed in conjunction with Givi, these are the accessories that are going to improve the long-distance touring and wilderness-tackling capabilities of the bikes.
- Expedition Aluminium Panniers
- Expedition Aluminium Top-box
- Trekker Panniers
- Trekker Twin-helmet Top-box
- Offered in Stealth Black and Classic Silver colours.
- Durable Protection – These are the accessories which are aimed to add more strength and eradicate the fear of dropping the bike.
- Engine Bars
- Sump Guard
- Headlight Protector
- Rider-focused Technology – These fitments are aimed at enhancing and improving the rideability of the bike even further.
- Auxiliary Light Kit
- Shift Assist
- Triumph’s Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Sena 50S Communication System
- Rider Comfort – These are aimed to bring better long-range luxury and convenience for the rider while long road trips or challenging off-road expeditions.
- Comfort and Heated Seat
- Adjustable Aero Diffuser
Triumph Tiger 1200 GT & Rally Highlights and Features
- The Tiger 1200 is powered by a 1160 cc, 3-cylinder Inline, 12-valve, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine.
- The powerhouse produces 150 HP of power @ 9,000 RPM and 130 Nm of torque @ 7,000 RPM.
- The power is transferred through a 6-speed transmission equipped with a hydraulic wet, multi-plate clutch assisted by a slipper system.
- The chassis is made of a Tubular steel frame fabricated with forged aluminium outriggers combined with 49 mm Showa semi-active USD forks at the front and Showa semi-active damping monoshock at the rear.
- Braking is handled by twin 320 mm Brembo M4.30 Stylema mono-block radial calipers with floating discs at the front and single 282 mm Brembo single-piston caliper disc at the rear, assisted by OC-ABS.
- Tyre Profile – 19” – 120/70 at the front and 18” – 150/70 at the rear in the GT model while 21” – 90/90 at the front and 18” – 150/70 at the rear in the Rally model.
- Seat Height – 850-870 mm in GT model while 875-895 mm in Rally model.
- Wheelbase – 1560 mm.
- Weight – 245 kg (wet) for GT model while 249 Kg for Rally model.
- Fuel Capacity – 20 L in Pro variant while 30 L in Explorer variant
- Colours –
- Tiger 1200 GT – Snowdania White, Sapphire Black and Lucerne Blue
- Tiger 1200 Rally – Snowdania White, Sapphire Black and Matte Khaki Green
- In features, it gets – 7” TFT instrumentation, all-LED Lighting and DRLs, Cruise control, Blind-spot radar, 6 ride-modes, ABS, Traction control and Hill-hold assist.
- Service Intervals – at 16,000 km or 12 months, whichever is earlier.