In an update by BikeIndia.in, Suzuka (no, its NOT Suzuki) Racing Motorcycle Company has launched their range of professional motocross and off road racing bikes in India. The company has launched three of their 225-250cc dirt bikes here.
Here is a list and details about them:
1. SRM 250cc AC (2 valves): Featuring an air cooled 223cc air cooled, two valved, four stroke engine, which produces 16.3PS of power at 7000rpm and a peak torque of 17.5Nm at 5500rpm. The bike has a six litre fuel tank size and claims of a top speed of 120kph.
2. SRM 250cc WC (2 valves): Featuring a water cooled version of the same engine producing the same outputs of power and torque.
3. SRM 250cc WC (4 valves): This is the most powerful bike of the three. The 250cc four-valve, liquid-cooled engine produces 22.4 PS and 20 Nm of peak torque at 7,000rpm. The bike weighs just a kilogram more than the other two, clocking 116.5 kilogram. It has a top speed of 135kph.
Suzuka Off-Road Motocross Bikes Prices:
The price range of Suzuka Motorcycles starts from 3.4 Lacs and the top shelf WC with 4 valves can be had for 3.65 Lacs.
- SRM 250cc AC (2 valves): Rs 3.4 Lakhs
- SRM 250cc WC (2 valves): Rs 3.45 Lakhs
- SRM 250cc WC (4 valves): Rs 3.65 Lakhs
*All Prices ex-showroom Pune
All three bikes have ABS as standard. Unfortunately, these bikes are not road legal and are strictly for competition only. The bikes though may just be good options for people who want to experience motocross in a controlled environment. A land which has no problem with cattle wandering on the road and people driving on the wrong side, strangely would not allow perfectly safe off road bikes to ply on the roads.