So, here are clearer and more revealing spyshots of the upcoming TVS’ bread-and-butter scooter, new Scooty Zest. These pics do share with us many changes that the new scooter will adorn to please the masses which are moving to other scooter manufacturers and at a rapid pace.
Scooty is popular among women and girls because of its lower weight and simple yet cutesy design. These spyshots have been snapped at Hosur in Tamil Nadu by Autocar India. TVS has talked about Scooty Zest once earlier and was clear enough to share that the new breed scooter will be launched in the market in January 2014.
Autocar says that the mule appeared to be almost production ready (it better be if TVS is indeed launching it so soon). Here are all the details that this new Scooty mule flaunts:
- As a first, we notice the thicker, box-like exhaust from the round pipe the current Scooty sports.
- Body dimensions also appear to be longer and wider.
- Another noteworthy add-on appears to be the all-black steel wheels and fatter tyres.
- The front foot board as well as the rear footpegs are also redesigned
- Also, worked upon is the seat which appears to be wider and (hopefully) more comfortable
- Grab rail is sleeker and runs across without any fuss.
The overall design appears to be sportier and fresher. The telescopic front shock absorbers and a few other bits are carried over. While this is about the appearance and comfort, we expect the engine to be smoother, more refined, more frugal and slightly more zesty.
And, if TVS can manage to price the scooter at luring points then we may see the comeback of the South India based two wheeler manufacturer.
Also Read: Rejoice!! Confirmation & Details on BMW-TVS’ New sub-500cc Bikes Soon