Scooter sales February 2020 doesn’t present a very rosy picture as only two makers reported growth – rest all continue to be in the red!
Suzuki is having a gala time in terms of its scooter sales. When almost every other two-wheeler is seeing tepid responses, interest in Access has grown. As a result, Suzuki’s overall sales are in a better state as compared to the previous year when we talk about the havoc of this year.
Now as we move to the last leg of this financial year, and closer to the BS4 deadline of 31st March 2020, February would probably be the last dispatch month of BS4 compliant two-wheelers from manufacturers’ factories. And there have been quite a lot of interesting changes we can see in last month’s scooters numbers..
Scooter Sales February 2020
*Sales numbers source – SIAM
Here are some interesting pointers from this list..
- The biggest change is that Suzuki has displaced TVS from the second spot in scooter sales for this month. Suzuki gained 1182 units as compared to the whopping loss of almost 28,000 scooters for TVS.
- Yamaha was the biggest gainer with an increase of 9334 units.
- In fact, apart from Suzuki and Yamaha, all others reported decline in sales as compared to the previous year’s February.
- The biggest loss was registered by Hero Motocorp as it managed to amass only 17,844 unit sales of its scooter as compared to over 56,000 units in last February.
- Honda maintained its massive supremacy but it was also short of 13,594 units as compared to the corresponding month last year.
Overall scooter sales stood at 4.22 lakh as compared to 4.92 lakh in Feb 2019 signifying a loss of about 70,000 units.