Tornado 302 Price will be crucial…
DSK Benelli was our pick of the manufacturers at the Auto Expo 2016 when they showcased four super interesting motorcycles. Among them was the Tornado 302 which, after a lot of delays, is finally getting launched tomorrow in Pune.
So, let us quickly summarise the motorcycle for you along with a quick estimate of its possible pricing…
Tornado 302 – Quick Details
- Tornado 302R is, essentially, the faired version of the naked TNT 300 which is already on sale in India. However, its not just a fairing snapped on the naked’s body; it is a comprehensively differentiated motorcycle.
- The biggest USP Tornado will bring with it is ABS. Yes the motorcycle has been confirmed to get ABS most probably as a standard fitment. It will be the only motorcycle in the segment to offer the safety tech. Neither Ninja 300, temporarily-discontinued R3 or even sibling TNT 300 get it in India.
- Engine – Tornado is powered by the same in-line twin cylinder 300 cc liquid cooled DOHC motor. It produces 35.3 PS of peak power and 27 Nm of max torque. Both the figures are lower than the Ninja or the R3.
- It gets 17 inch alloy wheels and 110/70 front and 150/60 rear tyres. International spec versions come fitted with Metzelers and it will be interesting to see if Benelli can continue the trend here.
- The motorcycle also gets segment-only 260 mm twin petal disc brakes upfront along with a 240 mm rotor at the rear.
- It has a 14 liter fuel tank and the exhaust note (which is one of the USP of TNT 300) is expected to be even better.
- The motorcycle is mounted on steel trellis frame.
- It also boasts off big bike looks and will probably be the motorcycle with the highest road presence in this segment.
Also Read: 8 Most Interesting Upcoming 250-400cc Motorcycles – Only the Ones That Are Confirmed
Tornado 302 Price
Shirish Kurkarni, in an interview few months back, has cleared that the company feels that their motorcycle offers a lot more than the competition and there is no conscious effort to undercut them. Which means that we are looking at an expected price tag of around Rs 3.5 lakhs ex-showroom.
Next Read: Adventure Benelli TRK 502 Delayed Again Because of Spoke Wheels. Wait, What…?