Ninja 300 vs R3 vs Duke 390 vs other – Let us compare prices…
With a lot of fanfare BMW’s official launch of the long awaited G310 twins was to be the event of the month. But Kawasaki ended up stealing the show by announcing a massive price slash on the beautiful Ninja 300 – which has instantly made it to a lot of buyer’s buying lists (launch story here)!
Let us quickly list Ninja 300’s on-road price along with its price’s comparison with comparable 300-400s in the market.
2018 Ninja 300 On Road Price
|Ninja 300 ABS||Rs 3.67 Lakh|
*Price on road in Mumbai
As you can see this is almost equal to the ex-showroom price of the older Ninja 300 which was available without ABS!
2018 Ninja 300 vs R3 vs Duke 390 vs Others
|Motorcycle||No of Cylinders||Price*||ABS available?|
|2018 Ninja 300||2||Rs 2.98 Lakh||Yes|
|Yamaha R3||2||Rs 3.48 Lakh||Yes|
|Duke 390/RC390||1||Rs 2.4 Lakh||Yes|
|G310 R||1||Rs 2.99 Lakh||Yes|
|G310 GS||1||Rs 3.49 Lakh||Yes|
|Dominar 400||1||Rs 1.62 Lakh||Yes|
|TVS Apache 310||1||Rs 2.23 Lakh||Yes|
|Mojo||1||Rs 1.80 Lakh||No|
|Himalayan||1||Rs 1.70 Lakh||No|
*all prices approximate and ex-showroom Delhi
Note – Please view the table in portrait mode on mobiles
Few Quick Pointers
- First up, notice that this segment has become so wide – you have 300-400cc motorcycles right from 1.6 Lakhs all the way till Rs 3.5 Lakhs!
- New 2018 Ninja 300 is the cheapest twin cylinder faired motorcycle in India. It is also the most affordable Kawasaki motorcycle.
- Despite being a CKD, Ninja 300 even undercuts G310 R – which is a single cylinder Made in India motorcycle!
- Mojo and Himalayan are the only motorcycles in this list which do not come with ABS, still. Royal Enfield already sells Himalayan with ABS in few international markets and Mahindra has been caught testing Mojo with ABS – so, they should be introduced soon.
- Both the BMW motorcycles are the costliest single cylinder completely Made-in-India motorcycles our country has EVER SEEN!
- Price difference between naked G310 R and full-faired Apache 310 is about Rs 75,000. This is when nakeds are considered to be cheaper to make! Both of them are very similar motorcycles, in essence!
Remember, we have not come across comparable motorcycles where respective singles provide similar refinement and poise of twins! So, irrespective of power/torque, twins will always have an edge, obviously for comparable motorcycles.