Performance enthusiasts all over the country already had some fulfilling launches in the past few months in the likes of Apache RTR 180, Pulsar 220 DTSi, Yamaha Fazer and it seems like they have something more to cheer about, this time from (the least expected) Honda stables. After nearly half a decade, their flagship model, Karizma is all set to burn the roads in a new avatar and this time it promises to be not just another sticker upgrade! Karizma has symbolized the epitome of performance in its heydays and remains one of the finest bikes in India, still. Serious bikers can still vouch for the sheer fun and pleasure it is, riding this bike.
Some call it street fighter; some call it a perfect tourer, but the fact remains that, Karizma still remains one of the most desired bikes in India even after so many years in the market. After having tested every inch of a Honda lover, with some very lame sticker (so-called) upgrades, Honda seems to be serious this time and it feels like all the wait was worth it and here we have one of the shortest of glimpses into a (expected) brand new world of motorcycling in India. Hero Honda is caught testing its brand new Karizma PGM Fi and here we come with the scoop of the much awaited bike for all these years.
Hold your breath, it doesn’t just look awesome, internals are also expected to be as fiery,
- More Power: The new bike is expected to produce more power and more torque from the same 223 cc engine that has been doing a wonderful duty for all these years.
- Revamped Front Fairing: As clearly depicted in the pics, the bike would be a full faired stunner (second in India after Yamaha R15) with stylish new clear white indicators and stylish and curvier headlamps.
- Mounted Rear View Mirrors: The Rear view mirrors would be mounted on the fairing, but sadly, they look so traditional.
- LED Tail Lamps: The bike would do away with the traditional bulbs system and would sport the much better and more efficient and upmarket LED Tail Lamps (probably similar to CBZ Extreme’s)
- Rear Disc Brakes: The bike would sport rear disc brakes for an even better braking of the bike.
- Gas Reservoir shock Absorbers: The bike would now sport a set of inverted Gas Reservoir shock absorbers straight from its smaller sibling, the Hunk which would make the bike an even better one for long rides.
- Liquid Cooling: The bike would (in all probability) have a liquid cooled engine for an even better cooling of the engine and to null the effect of the lack of air because of the full fairing.
- Fuel Injection: The bike would have the much touted and advanced PGM-Fi from Honda. PGM-Fi already does its job in smaller siblings of Karizma and it, sure would add to the overall character of the bike. Because of Fuel Injection, new Karizma is expected to have a bump in both power and mileage at the same time, along with a much better throttle response.
- New Sticker job: The bike gets a fresh new sticker work which works wonder to the overall looks of the bike.
- Split Grab Rails: The bike also gets a (rather non-matching) new set of split grab rails to enhance the ‘feel good’ factor of the bike.
- Clip-ons: The bike also gets a lovely set of clip-ons. As a result, the posture thus obtained is unmatched and perfect which could be called a mix of sporty and touring. Honda, for sure has sorted this out well.
Apart from these, the engine also appears to be painted golden and the bike could sport a silencer which currently does duty in Hunk (with internal tweaks). The tyres are expected to be the same 100 rear section MRF Zappers. And along with this the meter assembly is also expected to be revamped a bit. Ultimately, it feels so good to read all this, but who knows pricing could dampen our spirits. Pricing would be major criteria and we expect this bike to cross the 1 Lakh rupee mark with ease and could also probably be dearer than the Yamaha R15. We expect this bike to hit the showrooms before or around Diwali ie within 3 months all over India. Let’s see what does this bike has in offer for us, especially with some scintillating machines already winning enthusiasts’ hearts over for all these days. We have our fingers crossed!
Note: There is a lot of controversy regarding the new Karizma. Some say it will be launched, some say its a rumour. We have no idea about it. So from the legal perspective, we say this: The content published in BikeAdvice is for entertainment puposes only! 🙂