2023 LiveWire S2 Del Mar is first launched in 100 limited units donning two colours… Claims 160 km of range…
So, after a lot of announcements and teases, LiveWire have finally unveiled their second electric bike offering and has named it – LiveWire S2 Del Mar – and for its global debut, comes in a 100 unit limited run edition – LiveWire S2 Del Mar Launch Edition (LE).
2023 LiveWire S2 Del Mar Launch Edition (LE) and Standard Edition
First, to remove all the confusion – to celebrate the unveil of their new ‘S2’ Arrow platform and the first electric bike based on this platform – S2 Del Mar – LiveWire have introduced and launched the bike in US market in a special 100-unit limited run model called S2 Del Mar Launch Edition (LE).
The S2 Del Mar Launch Edition (LE) will only be available as 100 examples (and have already Sold Out on website) and will exclusively feature two colour finishes – Jasper Grey and Comet Indigo – coupled with unique wheel design.
LiveWire adds that the exclusive colour hand-applied finishes take nearly 5-days to completely cover the limited edition electric motorcycles. The unique rim design of the wheels are directly inspired from the modern circuit boards.
2023 LiveWire S2 Del Mar Highlights and Features
- The new S2 Del Mar is the first electric motorcycle which is based on the company’s new modular S2 Arrow Platform.
- All the components such as – Battery, Motor, Charging & Control System – are designed in-house at their Mountain View, California lab.
- The specs of the battery and motor are not shared at the moment, but the company claims that the electric bike can cover 160 km on a single charge.
- The main highlight of the S2 Del Mar is the use of the battery pack as the stress member in the chassis making the design modular and compact.
- The combination of new battery pack and motor produces a claimed 59.6 kW (80 HP) which is able to propel the bike 0-100 km/h in just 3.5 seconds.
- Both the Launch Edition and the Standard Production model roll on 19” wheels covered with Dunlop DT1 rubber.
New LiveWire S2 Del Mar LE & Production model Price and Availability
The 100 units of Launch Edition (LE) of the S2 Del Mar has been priced at $17,699 and can exclusively be booked on the company’s official site. At the time of writing, the limited edition bikes have already been sold out on the website.
The production model has been priced relatively lower at a starting price of $15,000.
|Model||US Pricing||Equivalent Indian Pricing|
|S2 Del Mar Launch Edition(LE)||$17,699||Rs. 13,67,327/-|
|S2 Del Mar Production model||$15,000||Rs. 11,58,818/-|
The deliveries of the S2 Del Mar electric bike is expected to begin in the second half of 2023.
So seeing this timeline in the US, we expect the probable introduction of this bike in India in 2023-end or beginning of 2024.