BikeAdvice shared with you the very first spy pics of the Pulsar NS160 when it was being tested for our market two months back. And in an official communication that has hit our mailboxes moments back, Bajaj has notified us about the official launch of the motorcycle.
Pulsar NS160 Quick Pointers
- Bajaj is claiming that Pulsar NS160 will be the ‘best performance’ 160cc motorcycle in India.
- Pulsar NS160 is the first oil-cooled motorcycle in this segment.
- It comes with pressed steel rigid perimeter frame.
- It is taking the place of the now-discontinued Pulsar AS150, which failed to do well in the market.
- Surprisingly, Bajaj has introduced it without any hype. The motorcycle has already started reaching dealerships and is up for sale.
Pulsar NS160 Engine
Pulsar NS160 Price
*prices ex-showroom in respective cities post GST ie from 1st July 2017
For now the Pulsar 180 costs higher but the picture will get clearer once Bajaj updates post-GST prices of all their existing motorcycles.
Pulsar NS160 Colours
Bajaj is offering the motorcycle in three colours
- Saffire blue
- Passion Red
- Glossy Pewter Grey
The latest Pulsar will slug it out with Hornet 160R, Gixxer and FZ and it will be interesting to see if ‘Naked Sports’ can do the trick for Bajaj in this segment which the ‘Adventure Sports’ couldn’t!
Pulsar NS160 Technical Specifications
|Technical specs||Pulsar NS160|
|Type||4 – stroke, SOHC 4-Valve, Oil Cooled, DTS-i Engine|
|Max power(PS @ RPM)||15.5 @ 8500|
|Max torque(Nm @RPM)||14.6 @ 6500|
|Front||Telescopic with Anti-friction Bush|
|Rear||Nitrox mono shock absorber with Canister|
|Front||240 mm Disc|
|Rear||130 mm drum|
|Front||80/100 -17″ 46 P Tubeless|
|Rear||110/80 -17″ 57 P Tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||12L|
|System||12V Full DC MF|
|Headlamp||H4 (12V 55/60W)|
|Ground clearance (mm)||176|
|Kerb weight (kg)||142|