Honda has launched the 2017 CBR1000RR in India ahead of its expected arrival. It was first unveiled at 2016 EICMA and marks the 25th anniversary of the supersport brand in the world.
2017 Fireblade Features & Quick Pointers
- The 2017 model will continue to be brought to India as a CBU (Completely Built Unit).
- This is the most powerful, faster and lighter CBR1000RR ever built by Honda.
- The 2017 edition of the motorcycle has seen a whopping 16 kg weight reduction. Honda says around 90% of its main components have been updated/revised. It weighs only 195 kg, which is probably the lowest in its segment.
- It also gets a 10 bhp top end power increment.
- This, in turn means, an increase in the power to weight ratio of the motorcycle by 14 percent.
- It gets gyroscope ABS system, Throttle by Wire (TBW), 9 level Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), Electronic Steering Damper (HESC), Power Selector, Selectable Engine Brake (SEB) etc.
- It also features an RC213V-S (Honda’s street legal replica of the MotoGP model) inspired TFT coloured crystal instrument console.
- It also becomes the first Honda motorcycle to come with semi-active Ohlins Electronic Control (S-EC) suspension.
2017 CBR1000RR Engine
It continues to be powered by the 999cc in-line four cylinder engine capable of producing 189 bhp of peak power at 13000 rpm and 114 Nm of maximum torque at 11,000 rpm. This motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
2017 CBR1000RR Price
|Fireblade||Rs 17.61 Lakhs|
|Fireblade SP||Rs 21.8 Lakhs|
*all prices ex-showroom in Delhi
The regular version is available in Victory Red and Matt Ballistic Black Metallic colours whereas the premium SP can be had in Victory red colour theme.
Honda has opened bookings of the motorcycle and it will be available at company’s premium Wind World outlets in Mumbai and Delhi.