2023 Ninja 400 price is the same as the older, BS4 compliant model. It now comes with BS-VI compliance and few updates…
So, the last time we talked and/or discussed anything about the Kawasaki Ninja 400 was before the year 2020. This is because from April 2020, the BS-VI norms came into effect and that forced Kawasaki to discontinue the 400cc sportbike in India and many other International markets.
However, now is the time to rejoice for the fans of the Green coloured Japanese bikes as they have at long last updated their Ninja 400 to BS-VI/Euro-5 compliance and have launched the bike in India today (24th June).
2023 Ninja 400 Price & Colours
Kawasaki India have launched the 2023 version of Kawasaki Ninja 400 at a starting price of Rs. 4,99,000/- (ex-showroom), which is the same as the previous non-BS-VI model.
The 2023 Ninja 400 has been offered in 2 colour schemes – Lime Green (KRT Edition) and Metallic Carbon Grey.
2023 Kawasaki Ninja 400 – Highlights & Features
- The biggest refresh the 2023 Kawasaki Ninja 400 has received is the new 399 cc BS-VI compliant engine.
- The Ninja 400 now produces a similar 45 HP at 8,000 RPM & 37 Nm of torque at 8,000 RPM.
- The torque value is 1 Nm lower than the previous model.
- Visually, the faired bike continues the design and look of the Ninja’s traditional design language, inspired from the 1000 cc big brother.
- The 2023 model now comes with an improved Assist & Slipper Clutch system which, the company claims, provides 20% less pressure during the lever pull.
- The updated Ninja 400 rides on the same chassis as Kawasaki’s most powerful ‘Z H2’ supercharged naked bike.
- The Braking duties are handled by 286 mm front brakes coupled with 193 mm rear brake setup aided by ABS as standard.
- Seat height – 785 mm
- Ground Clearance – 140 mm
- Kerb Weight – 168 kg
- Fuel Capacity – 14 L
The 2023 Kawasaki Ninja 400 starting at Rs. 4.99 Lakh is going to directly rival the 2022 KTM RC 390 in India. These two will be the closest rivals to each other in terms of power figures and design language, but the difference of nearly Rs. 1.85 Lakh will be a big factor during the final buying-decision of these bikes.