Honda vs Hero sales tally for the month of August 2021 reveals some interesting pointers. While the Jap gained from last month, the Indian maker remained flat…
It turns out that Honda has had a good run in the month of August 2021 in terms of wholesales. It came precariously close to arch-rival Hero MotoCorp and what is more important is the fact that August could be termed as one of the month wherein we are returning to normalcy after the lockdown-led disruptions.
Honda vs Hero Sales – August 2021
- In overall sales, Honda was behind Hero by just 23k units. That’s close, very close!
- It must be noted that Hero’s sales remained flat when compared to the last month of July 2021, however, Honda witnessed a growth of 18 percent or about 45,000 units in August 2021.
- In domestic sales, Honda managed to breach that 4 lakh mark and was about 30k units behind the number one maker.
- In exports however, Honda was almost 6500 units ahead of Hero.
- Hero’s dependence of motorcycles continued as it sold 4,20,609 units against 33,270 scooters in the August month. Honda did not disclose individual figures.
- In this financial year so far, Hero has registered total sales of 19,32,784 units (higher than the corresponding period last year) out of which motorcycles comprise 18,04,324 units whereas scooters form the rest 1,28,460 unit sales.
Activities in the month
Hero says that it introduced Hunk 150R in Bangladesh. It also carried our various vaccination drives and provided two mobile vans, equipped with various facilities, to help specially-abled people to visit health centers for vaccination.
Honda ventured in the entry level ADV space with its CB200X. It also inaugurated BigWing in Bhubaneshwar and set-up Children Traffic Training Park in Thane.