Today at the RevFest event in Delhi, apart from the launch of CBR650F, Honda has officially showcased their new offering – Hornet 160R. Yes, this marks the debut of the famous Hornet brand in India and this is the smallest capacity Hornet available anywhere in the world!
Hornet 160R is a naked streetfighter design which will slug it out in the premium 150cc space against Gixxer, FZ, upcoming Pulsar 150NS and others and will be placed over the Unicorn 160. Honda did not divulge any significant details of the bike including its pricing and specs. Here are some key pointers which we can make out though…
Hornet 160R Key Pointers
- Hornet will be powered by the same 162.71 cc engine of the Unicorn 160
- To justify the ‘R’ tag, they MAY bump up the power and torque figures from the current 14.5 bhp & 14.61 Nm of the Unicorn 160.
- Honda showcased a dual tone version apart from the regular single colored version. This means we may see at least two variants and hence, we expect prices to start at around Rs 75,000 which may span across to Rs 85,000 ex-showroom in Delhi, resulting in on-road prices ranging from over Rs 80,000 to about Rs 90,000!
- The display Hornet was shod with chunky MRF Zappers.
- Hornet 160R gets petal disc brakes upfront as well as the rear.
This was a showcase event and the motorcycle, Honda says, will be launched within this year by or before December 2015.
Honda Hornet 160 Pics