Honda Activa sales is a phenomenon that defies all studies and calculations. Can you imagine 2 crore units in 7 years…!!!
All of us are pretty aware of the fact that Activa is India’s largest selling scooter. The family scoot has achieved its next milestone – sales of 3 crore units. This has come in 22 years of the scooter’s existence.
But wait a minute – after the first crore units that came in about 15 years (which is itself crazy fast), Honda ousted two crore Activas in the last seven years. This is simply mind-boggling! No other scooter is anywhere close to where the Activa is – in terms of both popularity and sales.
- 2001-02 – Launch of the 100cc Activa
- 2004-05 – Activa became the market leader in the scooter segment
- 2005-06 – Activa registers 1 million (10 lakh) unit sales in 55 months
- 2008-09 – New generation Activa with a bigger 110cc engine launched
- 2012-13 – Next milestone – Activa registers sales of 5 million units. Monthly sales cross 1 Lakh units mark.
- 2014-15 – Bigger brother Activa 125 launched. Activa 3G introduced
- 2015-16 – Activa becomes first scooter in India to achieve 1 crore sales
- 2016-17 – BS4 Activa launched. Achieves 1.5 crore sales
- 2017-18 – Activa 5G launched
- 2018-19 – Activa 6G BS6 launched. Achieves 2 crore unit sales
- 2020-21 – 2.5 Crore sales milestone achieved
- 2022-23 – New 2023 Activa launched
- 2023-24 – BIG MILESTONE – 3 crore sales achieved
Amidst all this, Honda also tried female-specific Activa-i – that is probably the only product in the Activa portfolio that did not do well and is no more on sale.
Meanwhile, the Activa continues its golden run bearing the highest selling 2-wheeler in India mark. Its popularity and craze is an envy for every other manufacturer. And at this speed, the 5 crore (5 C-R-O-R-E) sales mark is not far away…