Potential Harley 350cc launch can be expected next financial year. It is reportedly in the advanced stages of development. All details below…
Apart from taking over the sole distribution responsibilities of Harley Davidson in India, Hero MotoCorp also inked a pact with the American – to co-develop mid-capacity motorcycles – a strategy Bajaj-KTM and TVS-BMW have been very successful at. Today we have some new details on this development. For a detailed view let us enumerate everything that is known on this topic…
- Hero and Harley have decided to manufacture motorcycles in the mid-capacity segment.
- Harley has the know-how and the tech available and Hero has the expertise to make these cheaper.
- These will obviously be locally made and will be exported to different parts of the world.
- So far, Hero’s biggest motorcycle has been the 225cc Karizma that it sold in partnership with Honda. The biggest motorcycle it has made under its own moniker is the Xpulse 200 (and its different iterations). On the other hand Harley’s smallest bike were the Street 500 and Street 750 which are now discontinued.
- Niranjan Gupta, Chief Financial Officer at Hero MotoCorp, recently revealed that over the next two years, the company will introduce many models in the premium spectrum – which will include motorcycle(s) on the platform that it is jointly developing with Harley.
- It is expected that the displacement of the first motorcycle is expected to be between 350-400cc.
- According to an online report, the first motorcycle under the Hero-Harley banner is in the advanced stages of development and it will be launched in the Indian market by the end of Financial year 2024. That means we can expect it to be here sometime in the second half of next calendar year or early in 2024.
Biggest Hero Spotted; KARIZMA Coming Back…?
- The co-developed motorcycle will be sold under both the banners – Harley and Hero. The Harley variant is expected to be a roadster (or a roadster cruiser kind) but it will be very interesting to see what form does Hero choose.
- The Harley 350 will give a direct challenge to Royal Enfield and hence, pricing will be a key for the company.
With this we wait for more clarity on these models. Till then you can check the ‘BIG’ Hero test mules that have been snapped recently here…