Discontinued BS6 motorcycle list from Yamaha gives us an idea of how many bikes and scooters will not see the light of the day from April 2020!
Yamaha has already shared the list of motorcycles and scooters it will be taking to the upcoming BS6 era. You can check out that lineup along with prices here. However, there is a significant number of its 2-wheelers which are not part of this first list.
Discontinued BS6 Motorcycle List
Here is what is not going over…
- Saluto RX – This 110 cc motorcycle has most probably been discontinued and may not be updated to BS6 emission norms at all. Since December 2019, Yamaha has not dispatched a single unit of this entry commuter.
- Saluto 125 – There is uncertainty over this 125cc motorcycle from Yamaha. It is not going to BS6 in the first phase for sure but Yamaha has been dispatching it consistently (though in triple digits only in the last two months) till now. Yamaha has announced that it will want to focus on the premium segment only and March 2020 may be the last month for Saluto 125 in the market.
- SZ-RR – The entry level 150cc Yamaha SZ is no more and it will not be upgraded to BS6.
- Fazer 150 – The faired 150 cc tourer Fazer has already been discontinued and will not be updated to BS6 emission norms.
- Fazer 25 – Yamaha has updated its FZ25 to BS6 and has also announced a new, premium version called as FZS-25 in the quarter liter segment. However, the fate of Fazer 25 hangs in uncertainty.
- YZF R3 – The current Yamaha R3 is gone as it is a Euro 4 compliant motorcycle. Till the Euro 5 version is developed by the company for its international markets, it won’t be launched in India. And that appears to be many months away.
- 110 cc scooters – Fascino, Ray-Z – All the 110 cc (113 cc to be precise) scooters have been discontinued as Yamaha has moved on. It has already launched updated 125cc versions of these scooters which will take the baton forward.
- Cygnus Alpha – The Cygnus Alpha may be an exception in this list and it has probably seen its last day and won’t be updated to BS6.
The Reincarnation of 250cc Motorcycle Segment in India
Yamaha WR155 Spotted During Shipment in Indonesia; Dispatches Commence
This is just a small sneak of what happens when we move over to the Bharat Stage 6 era which kicks in from next month. All other makers are expected to discontinue some of their products in this transition to BS6.